Rock Near Harrison Hot Springs?

Ponzini

While golfing at Harrison after a conference, we noticed a decent sized chunk of granite right next to the course (facing south). Looks like about 200m bottom to top - any routes up there? It's about 2km south of the Old Settler pub.

Looks pretty slabby from a distence, dirty in parts, but so did the upper malamute in the olden days....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the Harrison Bluffs and there are about 50 routes, mostly put up in the mid-1990s. Since Alex Howden quit climbing (?) and Gordon Bose moved to Salmon Arm it has kind of fallen into disuse.

Basically the climbing therre rocks, but it's Bulletheads filthy and regrows quickly so it needs a lot of traffic to stay clean.

The longest route is Falcon Crest 6 pitches 5.10 A1.

I have the guidebook, you are welcome to borrow it.

Mostly I just go aid-soloing there on rainy days.

No ice seen yet. Might be something hidden in the trees, but given that you can drive another 5 minutes to play on Trojan Horse, I haven't explored it yet.

There is some south facing ice that occasionally comes in high up on the east side of Mt Woodside. Don't know the best way to get to it, though.