Toketie Wall

gyselinck

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably--squeeze portions of chimneys, or other awkwardness, sometimes necessitate such a tactic.

v. cool looking chim!! where is it as you look at the main toketie wall, far left? climbing a line fairly central on the wall a couple years ago, i remember looking around at a lot of cool stuff. i wonder if anyone's climbed that tower to the E of the lake, looks like a rooster's head, has some beautiful looking splitters. prob. only a couple pitches of business. anybody?

Is that guy carrying his helmet on his harness?? confused.gif

I hate climbing with a helmet on, it just gets in my way. (Espically when I'm climbing very near my limit.) I used it for belays.

The chimney is just to the right of the corner (about an inch in the pic), shown in the picture on the previous page. Its that really long left facing shadow in the picture with the s bend higher up.

Wasn't cold?!!! The higher we got, the more windy it got. It finally got to the point that I was having trouble standing up. I left my jacket at the base of the climb which only made it worse. Lucky I had my big fuzzy fleece pants though. No rain. Talked to some guys on the way out that did the W. Ridge of Prusik, they said a bunch of parties bailed due to the wind up there. It was pretty crazy. cantfocus.gif

On Saturday I was at about 5500' not too far west of you. Yes, it was windy, but it seemed pretty warm. We didn't get wet either but some friends further east and much lower said they had showers.

Tony- I think I know what you're talkin about but isn't that all part of 3 Musketeers Ridge? D'Artagnan Tower or something...

Since gyselinck is lazy heres a trip report. We hiked in saturday starting at about 5pm. The hike in took about 4 hours counting craig going back to the car for the camera as I carried on with both our packs and Lyger watched and laughed. The end of the hike was in the dark but luckily there was a full moon. The next morning we began the walk to the wall at about 8. It about two hours for the three us to get up the first chimney pitch. The climbing above the chimney was easier(5.0-5.8)and took us generally up and right finishing just right of what we called the upper shield. We got back to the lake at about 5. The hike out took about 2 1/2 hours.

Everyone I know talks about the chimney, but no one seems to have done it.

I don't think those are the Three Musketeers in your picture, unless its a goofy angle. I've climbed the tallest of the three and that don't look like them. They are on the far S. side of Three Musketeers Ridge.

See...this is what i hate. Nobody knows whats what up there. (including me) I'm trying piece it all together.

The ones outlined in red are deceiving. D'Artagnan (the far right tower) sits lower and in front of the 3 Musketeers and has it's own summit. In that photo, it is directly in front of one of the 3 Musketeers and appears to be one blob. I don't know what the purple stuff is probably unrecorded, cause it's pretty small.

I hate this computer thing, it would be a lot easier to decipher this stuff drinkin beer lookin at a good collection of photos... wave.gif