Burgandy Spire W.Face(anniegreensrung route) & Never Enough info request

layton

Anyone done the W.Face of Burgandy (aka Annie Greensprung Route) What's it like compared to the classic N.Face? Beckey makes it look longer, w/some nice long cracks and "great rock".

Same goes with Never Enough near Clean Break. Any good?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks that's great advice about the col!

My question relates to the two routes "W.Face Burgandy, and Never Enough on Ares Tower" Ares tower is near clean break. Does anyone have beta for those routes.

There's been a thread for clean break so I think it's covered, but thanks for the info regardless!

Annie Green Springs is a much better route than TNF of Burgandy IMHO. Rock is sounder without the grit, cracks are not rounded, lots of interesting moves. There is a very obvious large chimney low on the west face, do not climb this but rather the crack system and left trending ramp about 100' to the right at about the same height. the topo is off in this regard but the verbal description is right on. route finding from below can be tricky, it helps to climb Pisano the day before and pick out the route. small tcus very useful, extra ones?

I thought Clean Break was a great climb, better than the free climbing parts of Liberty Crack (assuming you don't free above mid 5.10)