Green Creek Wall- Evil Twin Arete - F.A. 5.9 III

Blake

8-10 pitches I'd say. Probably no harder than 5.9. The roof/chimney crux at the end of the first pitch is avoidable. There's a free new cam for the second ascentionist, I doubt anyone will bother. By the time the river recedes to wadeable levels and that valley gets accessable again, i bet it'll be july.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grey rock was bad stuff. I imagine you could find better stuff by staying to the sides at that spot, but i don't know for sure. The rock quickly became quite bad just after the slab and corner that was some of the thoughest climbing of the route. I was glad to be belaying under a roof.

I think that the mythic wall would be a better climb if you could just do one of them. However, there arent any free new cams on that line. smile.gif Because the bridge is gone and the Nooksack will likely be too high to wade for many months, I don't think that anyone will be doing stuff in there for the near future.