TR: Cinderella East Ridge

Mentioned in Beckey's guide as an "area classic" we found it pretty good but the climbing time of 3hrs was disproportionate to the approach time (5hrs)despite using mtn bikes. Do not use "Boot Lake col" it is rather steep on both sides, better is the col between Twin Crest and Saddleslab. There were a few areas of steep snow requiring mtn boots and axe. The super grippy Sisters Range olivine ROCKS for friction and good cracks. 6 pitches to 5.6 and some running belays. Scenic area despite clearcuts, interesting angle on Cascades and San Juans.July 2, 2002

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, can you post a photo of the ridge.

Went in for a solo last year. Pain in the ass figuring which road to take (brought bike), and the the whole col thing from boot lake. There's like five cols up there. I agree with you, the boot lake col is way steep.

My problem was that I couldn't figure out what friggin' mountain was what!!!! Once on the crest, I had no clue what col I was between, or what mtn was cinderella! What I thought to be the most likely "cinderella ridge" looked pretty shitty.

Fred Beckey, if you're reading this. Your guide is just about the only map of the area with peak names! If you ever do an update, can you give us a better photo or description of the southern range?

Great job on the climb!!!! What a confusing area, on the approach, and in the mtns. The north side of the range is a little better, but still gets the best of them lost as hell.

I climbed this route 'bout 5 years ago and thought it was pretty fun. We came in from the Baker side and did a *$'d up bushwack from near where you approack Lake Wiseman. We hiked offtrail for an hour and a half only to find a new trail that had been punched in to the valley! Idiots! we camped right below the route. The thing I remember the most was the incredible scrambling when you got near the top and cruised over toward Boot lake. That lake is purrty. I guess I have no idea 'bout access other than that trip was a long two days. The other route sounds more realistic.

we came in from the south, via Howard Creek road. I had the 7.5 minute map, with peak names and roads marked from Beckey's sketch map. this reduced first time confusion to a bearable level.the rock is cool, the approach problems dimish the otherwise great fun potential of this area. Georgia Pacific closes the lower gate at 10pm, biving in your car at 300' elevation would be weird if you didn't make it out by then. maybe next time I'll drive up the night before to allow more time, or with more snowpack down low would speed things up. still had enuf fun that "veal be boc" [big Drink]

Thanks for the TR. Went up there last summer to recon and got up toward the end of the higher spur of the logging road that heads out of Howard Creek toward the ridge that contains Cinderella. Do you just continue up that way and then traverse left toward Boot Lake? It appears you might have to descend quite a bit from the end of this spur before climbing back up onto the ridge. We also went back down the spur and headed north on the main road to see if that way would go, but it looked more obscure.