The Bunny

snugtop

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It might have been a cool Dada esque concept, but I predict that it gets commercialized and people go up the mountain just to see this dumb bunny. I can see that its intended effect would be on random hikers who chance upon the giant bunny and are amazed, bewildered, and amused by the absurdity of the endeavor. But I have no doubt tour busses will start arriving and people will be herded up...to see an oversized pink stocking on a hill. The kids will be like "when will we get to the bunny? where's the bunny?" and the parents will be like, "hold on, we'll get to the damn bunny when we get there." And then they get there....and will be like, "That's it?!" Then again it serves them right for taking a tour bus.

OK, I'm not sure why I even care about this...

501572-bb1.jpg

An enormous road kill has been erected on an Italian mountainside where it will stay for the next 20 years.

The 200-foot-long road kill lies on the side of the 5,000 foot high Colletto Fava mountain in northern Italy's Piedmont region.

Viennese art group Gelatin designed the giant soft toy and say it was "knitted by dozens of grannies out of pink wool".

Group member Wolfgang Gantner said: "It's supposed to make you feel small, like Gulliver. You walk around it and you can't help but smile."

And Gelatin members say the road kill is not just for walking around - they are expecting hikers to climb its 20 foot sides and relax on its belly.

The giant road kill is expected to remain on the mountain side until 2025.