• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Exit 38 Graces Northwest Weekend today

I opened up the paper today and found "rock climbing" inside! (in the Seattle Times, the Northwest Weekend section). It is Exit 38, with its fresh walls and new routes. Featuring Garth Bruce and his niece from Bozeman.

Also, in the Outdoors Notes section of the Northwest Weekend:

>>>No Fee Day...we don't have to pay to use Public Land on Saturday! fruit.gif Imagine if that was an everyday thing! crazy.

>>>Also, Jayah Faye Paley, creator of the award-winning video "Hiking Poles - Techniques and Tips for All Ages and Abilities" will be presenting a free seminar at the REI Flagship store next Wednesday.

>>>Immediately following Jayah's seminar will be another free class sponsored by Weyerhauser tissue expert Mark Lund. He'll be presenting a course called "Tissue Strategies and Methods". Reserve at seat now, because this course is expected fill up quickly.

>>>Also, Jayah Faye Paley, creator of the award-winning video "Hiking Poles - Techniques and Tips for All Ages and Abilities" will be presenting a free seminar at the REI Flagship store next Wednesday.

Thank goodness mountain hardmen don't get charged for learning how to use their poles.

check it out here

Garth Bruce on putting up new routes:

"The goal is to get the rock as clean as possible," he says. "You should be able to lick the rock and not taste anything."

check it out here thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

Garth Bruce on putting up new routes:

"The goal is to get the rock as clean as possible," he says. "You should be able to lick the rock and not taste anything."

Note to self: Over the next "ten years", I need to focus on another activity.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always find it a little disconcerting when the holds are covered in saliva.

Hey check it out. New routes. Some look pretty good, such as the ones at Off-Ramp. Others look kind of blocky and similar to Overhaul Wall, which I don't really care for.