Wanna take a test?

Stonehead

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of their assertions are highly debatable. The assertion that only 50,000 troops would have lost their lives in a WWII assault on Japan is absolutely laughable.

The following statement is a bunch of BS. It doesn't matter whether it (the hydrogen) is there or not. I can't be accessed using less energy than you can derive from it.

"All the clean hydrogen we need to power the world is already contained in crystals at the bottom of the ocean called gas hydrates.

TRUE. The mainstream U.S. press doesn't talk about it much, but the world's hydrogen problems have a ready solution. Frozen ice crystals found off the shores of Canada, Japan, Russia, Iceland and other nations with Northern shores contain vast quantities of clean, frozen hydrogen -- enough to power the entire world far beyond the limits of petroleum reserves. The U.S. press doesn't talk much about gas hydrates, preferring to focus on hydrogen derived from either natural gas or petroleum (resources the U.S. tends to own or control). "

CBS and bunglehead,

Read Stonehead's last post again. You don't have to believe the reasoning behind the "true" or "false" answers that they give, or even if you believe that the answers are true or false. What really matters is that you maintain a level of skepticism regarding all the information that you take in daily through all the myriad forms of media to which you are exposed.

That, I believe, is the real point of the "test." It's along the same lines as the slogan, "Question authority."

I don't see why someone who blindly accepts mass market conventional wisdom is any more gullible than someone who blindly accepts a bunch counter-culture conspiracy theories.

thumbs_up.gif My thoughts exactly.

As noted earlier, the bit about the hydrogen really cracked me up. Anybody making the assertion that ALL the energy needed is locked up in the earth has got their head firmly planted up Dick Cheney's ass... far underground. (That's not saying they're kissing his butt - it just means they've REALLLY got their head stuck in the sand.) Yup... an infinite amount of energy stored in a finite body. Yup. No problem.