Global warming also effecting Mars?

mec

Mars Changes

The planet may be undergoing a climate change, according to images that show a shrinking of carbon-dioxide deposits near the south pole. For the past three Martian summers, the deposits have shrunk from the previous year. Malin said scientists had no explanation yet as to why Mars might be warming.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I predict 4 more posts before some liberal wank blames this one on Bush Co. too.

I predict 4 more posts before a conservative fucktard claims this as evidence that ALL planets are warming up and thus global warming is not the fault of humanity in any way, shape or form.

I predict 4 more posts before some liberal wank blames this one on Bush Co. too.

I predict 4 more posts before a conservative fucktard claims this as evidence that ALL planets are warming up and thus global warming is not the fault of humanity in any way, shape or form.

Earth's global warming is obviously a side effect of the other planets' warmings.

They started it.

Not that I believe it necessarily, but this Mars revelation would support the fucktard's claim.

I don't understand why some people have to oversimply the issue into a dichotomy of natural process vs. anthropogenic causes. Regardless of the finer details of the mechanism, global climate change is predicted to cause widespread human agony and economic cost.

Personally, I believe that the rate of change is indicative of anthropogenic influences on a longer term secular trend.

Mars Changes

The planet may be undergoing a climate change, according to images that show a shrinking of carbon-dioxide deposits near the south pole. For the past three Martian summers, the deposits have shrunk from the previous year. Malin said scientists had no explanation yet as to why Mars might be warming.

You didn't hear? Robots secretly landed on Mars with the goal of terraforming the planet for habitation. The planet spins around its axis about every 25 hours so it's not much a change in length of day for humans.

rockband.gif

Cheney and his cabal will be the first to depart for the red planet.

BTW, bwrts, Mars resides in the CHZ (Constantly Habitable Zone). When the sun expands on its way to supernova, Mars will be the place.

A couple of things:

1. The Sun is not a large enough star to go supernova.

2. When the Sun "dies" it will become a red giant. Mars may or may not be within the range of the expanding solar surface but either way Mars will no longer be in the CHZ when it does.

3. I won't care either way cuz I'll be gone long and long gone.

A couple of things:

1. The Sun is not a large enough star to go supernova.

2. When the Sun "dies" it will become a red giant. Mars may or may not be within the range of the expanding solar surface but either way Mars will no longer be in the CHZ when it does.

3. I won't care either way cuz I'll be gone long and long gone.

Silly me! Yes, a Red Giant.

So, you're not an extropian?