Greatest rock band ever

bunglehead

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am curmudgeonly, but your impassioned defense of Fugazi's later work makes me think I should try listening to some of that stuff again. It's been awhile since I put on anything except their 1st ep.

I remember I was pretty disappointed when Steady Diet of Nothing came out, though. Except for "Long Division", I thought their sound had changed a lot...it was more "experimental" or something.

Steady Diet is kind of anomalous somehow...it could just be the production, who knows, but it seems kind of spare and harsh and angular; less of a groove to a lot of it. You'd certainly not be disappointed with In on the Kill Taker, though. That baby rocks like only Fugazi can rock, artful and angry and complex. A lot of the later stuff is "experimental" in one way or another, but, like a lot of good artful things, its initial inaccessibility yields rewarding listening over the long term, and it all remains genuine.

Once the shitty Northwest weather kicks in, you ought to pick up The Argument. It has a certain quality that seems to work well with gray skies and rain, and it's a truly fantastic album that stands on its own and has a funny way of staying in the CD spinner or on the turntable.

that just shows that you, sir, are only pretending. striking a pose. a wannabe. boxing_smiley.gif

Pfft, if'n I wanted to pose, I'd blow smoke up your ass about what great performance art visionaries they are, or diss 'em as avant-garde wanksters with more style than substance. Instead, I think they've got great schtick but they just don't make my little heart go pitter pat. rolleyes.gif

that just shows that you, sir, are only pretending. striking a pose. a wannabe. boxing_smiley.gif

Pfft, if'n I wanted to pose, I'd blow smoke up your ass about what great performance art visionaries they are, or diss 'em as avant-garde wanksters with more style than substance. Instead, I think they've got great schtick but they just don't make my little heart go pitter pat. rolleyes.gif

I was refering to the fact that you wanted to like them, cause they are cool, but couldn't, cause you aren't. boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif