Smiffy Love Fest (10/22-23) Thread

chelle

please explain...wtf this "love-fest" is? what's the weather gonna be like?? I've never been to Smith...is there fun EASY climbs..or is it all pretty advanced??

you drive to skull hollow and camp and drink and climb at smith... simple cool.gif

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfriend is looking for someone to carpool with from Seattle. she can only make it down for the two days, leave Fri after work and return Sun night after climbing. I am planning on going down for 4 days so we wont be riding together. I think she would prefer a female but not sure on that one. any one interested? PM me if so.

I want to come but I have noone to climb with this weekend. Anybody is loking for a partner?

drC

My assumption is that this is a group sort of event, where we camp together and hook up with people to climb with at camp? Like at Rope-up. Otherwise, I'd be reluctant to make the trek down there, without a reasonable chance I will find someone to climb with.

That being said, I will be happy to rope up with you, Dr. C. You might not have as much fun, though, because I climb a couple of grades lower than you.

I'll be looking to climb in the 5.5-5.7 range, although I can belay up to, heck, 5.13a?

Hey, is this Smith thing still happening?

Yes.

Anybody want to tell me why I should come down and ruin the event?

Who said you would ruin it?

Is it true that Smith is just a pile of mud?

Yes. Tuff is dried mud (ash).

If so, why is it so popular?

Because heavy handed cleaning tactics including crow bars, hammers, etc etc has cleaned off the crap (and there is a lot of it) and actually produced what many consider a world wide sport climbing destination. If trad is your game and you have never been here before you will find enought to do to make the drive worth it... you just won't run into anyone from France, Germany, etc etc (and you will... I bumped into some swiss this past weekend) that flew here for the trad climbing... they do fly here for the sport. But why popular? Thousands of sport routes packed in so approach distance is minimized.

Everyone should visit smith at least once.

yelrotflmao.gif

Sounds like you were punished!

Well, i have a stack of them at home I will try and remember to bring with me.

Otherwise, if you come down to smith we can get some mexican food and pump some quarters in the sticker machine!

Here is a website to help you outfit yourself with "Happy Bunny" Happy Bunny

ihb_sticker_hateeverythng_s.jpg

ihb_kickbutts_sticker_s.gif

jpm_sticker_steponflowers_s.jpg