[TR] Wonderland Trail- One Push 9/9/2005

AlpinistAndrew

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say LUNA, how posting your resume of awesome, butt puckering climbs. No doubt you're an alpine dude who kicks ass! I'm sure your little snickering post makes you feel powerful and supreme. So, butt head, put out and tell us all how freaking strong, brave and talented you must be.......

For those interested in this kind of stuff, I would recommend putting together a loop around Glacier Peak. There isn't an "official" loop around it as there is with Rainer, Adams and Hood but you cross some really amazing ground.

Actually, there is no 'official' loop around Adams either. In fact, the 38 mile trip requires about 7 or eight miles of brutal x/c on morainal debris with some navigation, routefinding, and possibly mountaineering gear if it is necessary to cross the Klickitat Glacier above The Big Muddy. Much of the trip is above tree line and exposed to wind, sun, snow, whatever. The distance aside, it is likely a more serious undertaking than a Glacier Peak loop, which can be done 100% on-trail.

Good call Fairweather. Here is a TR from some cats that did it a couple of years back.

I like the idea of trying to negotiate this one. Sounds tasty.

As an aside: I realize this is a climbers board, which I and the rest of the ones that post here in fact do. But knocking out some of these one day pushes around the peaks we already climb easily rivals that of some of the long days we experience when doing a car-to-car, or a summit-to-car trip any day.

This topic will certainly never dominate any of the threads here. And I would argue that talking about these one day pushes is as much, if not more interesting than, some of the other random crap that gets tossed around here. boxing_smiley.gif

bigdrink.gif