Finally!!! Death comes ripping in the N.Cascades

layton

Dear God, forgive me for this!

I'm drinkin' some Jim Beam to take the edge of my shitty failed attempt off a route I've wanted to solo for a while that I'd rather not name, and for reasons I won't bother to divulge (because I suck) before I pass out. (thus the time). Got it?

Anyway, I predicted it. I told everyone to be careful in my last topic. Now the price has been paid.

I MURDERED a deer with the life snuffing deer smacker that is welded to the front of my truck. I didn't see it coming, and I feel like crap (one of the reasons for bailing. It felt like I just killed the mountain spririt -something one shouldn't do before a solo). Anyway, avy danger should be fine now, just get outta my fucking way when I'm driving!

[ 06-11-2002, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: michael_layton ]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mike,

don't look at your kill like that. think that you are allowing the deer's spirit to be released from its earthly bounds and have allowed to it run to the great forrest in the sky, all the while you get to eat it's dead carcass.....

then again it seems you were driving your car and what not, so maybe the earth mother goddess will frown upon your actions as a consumer and you may just pay the wrath of the earth mother goddess at any given time....aren't you lookin for a partner right now????

[ 06-11-2002, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: erik ]

quote:

Originally posted by michael_layton:

I'm drinkin' some Jim Beam to take the edge of my shitty failed attempt off a route I've wanted to solo for a while that I'd rather not name, and for reasons I won't bother to divulge (because I suck) before I pass out.

Mike, you are the Mark Twight of CC.com.

Take it easy on yourself brother.

quote:

Mike, you are the Mark Twight of CC.com.

Take it easy on yourself brother.

Don't make it worse! You're only feeding the beast...

Mike deserves any self-humiliation he heaps on himself. I have gripped the "Oh Jesus" handle more than once with him at the wheel. He hath smote the Mountain Spirit!!! The prophesies are true!! The fearless lunatic-child has killed the Mountain Spirit!! We will all pay for his transgression!! Burn your gear!!! Burn!!

(Notice how he withholds his objective? What's that all about?)

I'm no lawyer, but I think "murder" assumes there was intent.

Not sure, but at one time big game roadkill taken quickly enough was forwarded to food banks or homeless shelters. So, actually, you helped feed a family less fortunate than yourself...good job Good Samaritan.

Greg

[ 06-11-2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Greg W ]

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

quote:

MUST BE BECUZ IT IS SMALL AND HE FEELS INADEQUATE

Maybe it's because he doesn't want tools like you having a chance to put in their two cents? What do you think, Mr. 2000 posts?

maybe.....

but who really cares....i know i dont....truthfully all i hope is that everyone gets out and climbs alot...what you climb affects me none, i know what i want to climb and thats it.....

and i am not at 2000 yet. and yes i do have a comment for everyhing.....

and as for one person's hero worshipping and embracing anothers attitude and style, surely leaves one with little personalitty or thoughts of their own...what do you think mr dead person??