[TR] South East Mox Peak- The Devil's Club, First Ascent of the East Face 9/1/2005

layton

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the mythical, zen-like, anonymous-hardman actually exists, and spares no efforts in his zeal to conceal his talents and obscure evidence of his many first-ascents, but if such a person does exist, he would:

1) Never even let anyone know that he was a climber.

2) Never take the opportunity to publically remind the world that he eschewed both attention and praise by stating, over-and-over, "I climb for myself, man. For me. Not for you not the magazines - no one." Such an individual would certainly not make it a point to write letters or posts on internet sites in which he took pains to criticize the motivations of other people for letting the world know about their routes, and to remind everyone that his motivations are infinitely more pure and noble.

His name is Peter Doorish.

yeah, but you wouldn't know that Alex if he was that cool. and his routes wouldn't be in the beckey guide either.

larry has a great point. the world is no better place.

and dru's right when he says only uber alpine geeks care.

all i did was go climbing and wrote a story about it.

Edited by michael_layton

Erik & Mike...

Congrats for getting out there and having fun... and being able to write about it later. You guys know why you climbed, and that's all that really should matter. But what I reaallllly want to know is...

... Mike - have you trademarked the term "The Devil's Club" yet, as it pertains to routes on the East face of Mox Peak? If you're gonna do the shirts for the winter tour, you best cover your ass. If I remember Mr. Dirtbag's picture correctly, I think he looked like he might have an in with someone in the Devil's Club already.

-kurt

Maybe the mythical, zen-like, anonymous-hardman actually exists, and spares no efforts in his zeal to conceal his talents and obscure evidence of his many first-ascents, but if such a person does exist, he would:

2) Never take the opportunity to publically remind the world that he eschewed both attention and praise by stating, over-and-over, "I climb for myself, man. For me. Not for you not the magazines - no one." Such an individual would certainly not make it a point to write letters or posts on internet sites in which he took pains to criticize the motivations of other people for letting the world know about their routes, and to remind everyone that his motivations are infinitely more pure and noble.

His name is Peter Doorish.

There are many people who do this and don't even tell about their exploits.

Mox does look like a cool mt of trashy bad rock.

More people should go there. Then the good rocks will be less crowded.

but if such a person does exist, he would:

There are many people who do this and don't even tell about their exploits.

Mox does look like a cool mt of trashy bad rock.

More people should go there. Then the good rocks will be less crowded.

For God's fucking sake, I cannot believe the pettiness of some of you guys. You sound like a bunch of five-year-olds, putting down other boys to scramble to the top of the recess social pyramid. What the fuck?? Do you have any idea how immature and petty you sound? I can't believe these things are said with a straight face. Holy fucking shit. I'm just incredulous.

(Sorry, Mike; I needed to say that.)

knotzen, I rarely say anything with a straight face. Life is entertaining and most people are so fuking serious about everything..... FYI-I am not belittling any feat, but really I find it entertaining to state the obvious, sometimes it is something many people are afraid of saying...

mike, you are welcome but I must add, we met once, and that does not mean you know me. perhaps we should go cragging...down in that dreamlike place near portland.

cbs, as always, you never cease to amaze me with your superior brilliance.

and with that, time to go see how far the joker shoring crew has drilled now. yellowsleep.gif