[TR] South East Mox Peak- The Devil's Club, First Ascent of the East Face 9/1/2005

layton

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

blake, there are a shitload of 1,500 foot faces and ridges still unclimbed in the cascades. i am fully awe of this.

i'm talking the big mac daddies. what's the height of the big guys left? i know there's just armies of nerds reading this that know the answer w/o having to look it up.

I'm a teeny bit confused. Do I need to get back in there & photograph the E face of ESE Mox?? & also the E face of SE Mox? Because that last one would be REALLY tough, getting in there between those pts. We're talking 90 deg. bank here, 50 ft above the col. YIKES!

ummmm, yeah. if you could do that it'd be great. ummmkay.

I think Klenke is just verbalising probably what a lot of other people are thinking and you shouldnt let it take away from your climb, and it sounds as if it hasnt since you dont climb for nothin but fun. I think the great debate of summitting and accomplishng a major portion of a route and claiming FA's will always be an area of debate. But probably better to take that to another thread and to keep this one about your major and awesome accomplishment

Cheers rockband.gif

let me add my voice to the chorus saying holy jesus and baby jesus! that was an intense read. sounds like a true partnership, both climbers totally relying on each other.

Don't forget, 'Thank you Jesus!!" smile.gif

I cannot even fathom that thing. I am always impressed on how far we can push the human body and psyche. And I can honestly say I will be quite happy with my view of Mox from other more attainable summits in the N Cascades.

I'll raise a pint to the two of you tonight!! bigdrink.gif