Saw the flood coming

Jim

Here is some real action we will see:

In the same speech, the president noted that Trent Lott's oceanfront home in Pascagoula, Miss., had been destroyed, and he promised that it -- like all of the Gulf Coast -- will be built again better than it was before. "There's going to be a fantastic house," Bush said, "and I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch. snaf.gif

Edited by Mal_Con

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Al of you responses are predicated on the notion that the Mayor's repsonsibilities began within 48 hours of the storm. Clearly the city kowing its situation did a poor job planning. Carp you you want it is a simple truth. Oh and with reagrd to Bush funding making a bit of difference read this from 2003 link :

"any concerted effort to protect the city from a storm of category 4 or 5 will probably take 30 years to complete. And the feasibility study alone for such an effort will cost as much as $8 million. Even though Congress has authorized the feasibility study, funding has not yet been appropriated. When funds are made available, the study will take about six years to complete. “That’s a lot of time to get the study before Congress,” Naomi admits. “Hopefully we won’t have a major storm before then."

I can understand people feeling sick and sad and angry. By all means get mad as Hell, and ask tough questions, and demand better. But you have no reason to feel "ashamed" of being American. Your country has sustained a pretty serious blow, and the response has certainly been less than perfect, but believe it or not even Americans are only human, and perfection isn't a widely known human trait. It speaks well of you as a society that so many are dissatisfied with the response, and that you're angry and demanding better. In a lot of countries, people wouldn't give a damn. So for God's sake, don't be ashamed: you don't deserve it - not by a long shot.

Here is some real action we will see:

In the same speech, the president noted that Trent Lott's oceanfront home in Pascagoula, Miss., had been destroyed, and he promised that it -- like all of the Gulf Coast -- will be built again better than it was before. "There's going to be a fantastic house," Bush said, "and I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch. snaf.gif

So I can handle a president that I don't agree with. This fucker doesn't have any socail or diplomatic skills. Other countries have offered to help and Bush says something like "We don't need any help, we're a great country and we can take care of ourselves". I don't know about you, but my parents taught me to be polite and say thank you.