Cassin Ridge 2006

OlegV

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i't trade you - if you go cragging w/ me this weekend, i'll let you lead all the hard ice pitches on denali smile.gif

got something rolling this weekend - may get cancelled because of weather. Love to do Beackon Rock some day. Got to climb it in crampons though

grin.gif

it'll be rolling round here as soon as the sky starts shitting endless quantities of water - after we get hard at the butte we can move over to nolse's uber-secret projects in the gorge!

Assuming I can hike my fat ass up them in the first place cry.gif

I can't believe Oleg has been on this site this long and not heard/seen DT night! Oleg and Ivan how soon you want to start back up?

crazy schedule? it's midweek,usually, and just in the evenign whenever you can show - come winter we're always doing it int he dark anyway...

nolse, i can start back up this coming week - now that's scool's here it'll have to suffice for my clibing fix during the week

Oleg, look me up. I live a mile away from Rocky Butte. NOLSe will get a date set, you can meet me here, and we'll go scrape up some rock. Maybe we can rope Donn into that, eh?

Chad, I didn't realize you live that close to rock! thumbs_up.gif How many potential lines are up there?

I will be out all next week trying to remove what skin I have left from my hands and in general trying to kill myself so the earliest I could start back up would the 13th of Sept.

Ivan knows where all the lines are at... he could show you guys around. I vote we move this discussion to the PDX climb night thread and you guys hash out what nights work best for you. I'm available for up to 3 midweek nights per week anytime.

Either way, if we climb together or seperate, you should plan a few extra days after Denali (Should we somehow survive...haha) to hang out in Anchorage. Plus, We'll have to celebrate and get rowdy in Talkeetna after our return. Hopefully the Fairview will be open by then.

Attached is another photo, this one looking down the crux rock pitch in the second rock band at 16,000'. Looks a little intimidating as you approach from below but is actually very straightforward with good protection.

There is nothing truly difficult on the Cassin, there is just a lot of technical climbing stretched over a huge amount of terrain with all the attendant issues of Alaska climbing--- most of all, luck with the weather.

Good luck! bigdrink.gif

497478-cassin16.JPG.33651407945320fb3cfbc73f7ef324e8.JPG