DMM Rebel and Anarchist

wdietsch

cut and pasted from rockclimbing.com info from the OR show ..

The Anarchist and Rebel are both hot forged, which enables DMM to create a shaft and head that are all one piece. Both tools also sport adjustable handles to accommodate different sized hands and gloves, plus a matching handle. They’ll hit the shops this fall, so if you’re in the market for new tools, keep an eye out.

59362.jpg

Though DMM didn’t have any production models with them, they did have a sample of the hot forged shaft in an early stage of production. Nifty, huh?

MEC has the Rebel listed @ $210.00 CAD

Rebel 22200521142646RebelLoRes.jpg Anarchist 4200521142637AnarchistLoRes.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from the clip loop integral the shaft it looks like the Quark. like an exact copy? if you can't beat em join em.?

agreed ... then again most jet fighters have swept wings ..

the Raveltik Demon has been out for a few years as well ... it's similarities to the Quark are also obvious

demon_hammer1.jpg

do you think they would all take the same pick yelrotflmao.gif

• 2 years later...

I've used both the DMM Rebel and the Raveltik. The DMM is very nice, has a beautiful swing and the pick is very aggressive, but still pretty easy to clean. I wouldn't pick it for any really overhanging stuff, it's not as comfortable to hang onto as Vipers or Ergos but I would be more than happy to climb pure ice/easy mixed with them.

The Raveltiks suck. The balance feels off, the picks are not so great and they just don't swing very nicly, nor to they pentrate very well (a related problem, I realize).

My 2cents and study avoidance strategy

Oh they don't take the same picks. My friend with the raveltiks said he tried to fit cascade picks on them but the holes didn't line up or something

Edited by EastCoastBastard