The Coming Ice Season

Dru

Environment Canada's wasnt great cant remeber but what I do remeber was that after all the mumbo jumbo at the end it said this forecast is not statistically better than chance so...who cares. Its probably gonna rain like it always does with one friggin weekend where hope freezes and theres a bunch of cars at the bottom of the mouse trap getting geared up when another car clearly too late to get in line pulls over and jumps out of their car already geared up including boots and run up the trail before any one the_finger.gif

Im training right now for my ice season, I am going to climb ever day of the season, all 10 days of it!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Environment Canada's wasnt great cant remeber but what I do remeber was that after all the mumbo jumbo at the end it said this forecast is not statistically better than chance so...who cares. Its probably gonna rain like it always does with one friggin weekend where hope freezes and theres a bunch of cars at the bottom of the mouse trap getting geared up when another car clearly too late to get in line pulls over and jumps out of their car already geared up including boots and run up the trail before any one the_finger.gif

Im training right now for my ice season, I am going to climb ever day of the season, all 10 days of it!

if you'd train a bit and and wouldn't be such a wining beyotch you'd get up some really cool routes. somehow i did not see the crowds on as seen on tv or mr freeze. happy trails fader.... bigdrink.gif

Dru, wow, you even know all the cool acronyms, can you teach me some? What does STFU mean? Maybe somday I too can sit around and post 27,000 messages and learn cool jargon. Does all this kick ace forum posting cut into your climbing time? I am kind of worried about that.

From Gravsports.com thumbs_up.gif

-----

September 30th, General, Will Gadd

I drove up to Jasper a few days ago, there is a LOT of ice forming already. Somebody has probably already been out and climbed something up high. Anyhow, Riptide is forming nicely for a change, Slipstream is very nearly totally formed (just missing the bottom bit), there's ice allover the Trophy Wall. It's been a wet (OK, miserable in general) fall for rock climbing, there is more ground water around than I've ever seen. It's never totally sure, but I think this is going to be an epic fall season! My bet is that we'll be climbing on the Trophy Wall by the end of October... Get yer binoculars out, dust off the tools, game on!

http://gravsports.com/Ice%20Pages%20Folder/05_06_Ice/05_06_Ice.htm