Mr. Ponytail linking three climbs in a day

pup_on_the_mountain

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is the mileage and vertical and the free solo of Outer Space (now rated 5.9 in current guidebooks) at the very end (when tired) and not the volume of climbing that makes this gentleman's accomplishment outstanding. To each their own though. I just get a kick out of the endurance aspects.

Absoutely. My knees hurt just thinking about it.

This whole story is really funny, because I met him in the Bugs last year shooting the shit with Mark Synnot and then climbed with him at Smith with MtnHigh this past spring. He was relaying a story about the NE Butt of Slesse being a dream for him and a friend and the knocking it out and realizing that it was piece of cake, so he started soloing. We put up some .11a sport route on the shitpile, and he's like "sweet, I've never led .11a before." He aced it. Really nice guy.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's a pilot and not a guide unless he got a new job.

I saw the "You're all gonna die" guy on Stuey a couple of weeks ago. While belaying far to the left of the gendarme I saw a solo climbing coming up the ridge. I thought to myself, what an asshole

How could anyone think that of r? Maybe you are an asshole?

Nice job to chopping out pieces of my comment to change the meaning. You should work at a tabloid paper and capitalize on your skills.

pitty.gif