Music Video with Slesse NE Buttress

mvs

I made a small video of a climb of NE Buttress of Slesse Mountain, which three of us climbed earlier this month. The music is the song "Learning to Fly" by the Foo Fighters, it was a generally popular radio hit a few years ago.

The movie is 11 MB in size, with darn good picture quality (new compression software), and excellent sound. If you like scenes of climbing you might enjoy it. There is no talking or beta, although the footage is chronological, going from the bypass slabs, to the bivy ledge via the 5.9 pitch, then directly to the summit on day 2.

Perhaps this cheesy poster will entice you:

poster.jpg

The movie is at:

http://www.mountainwerks.org/cma/2005/slesse.wmv

For folks who did this climb, we hope the movie brings back some memories of good times! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool Michael. I'm thinking, in reference to my little Snowfield report of today, that I should carry a video camera and some sort of odorama device to really capture the essence of the aftermath of Backpacker's Pantry Kung "Pow" Chicken. I just need our webmasters to adopt the John Waters' Odorama scratch and sniff system with sniff card (with but one noxious odor) as used in his 1981 cult film "Polyester."

For a musical score, perhaps the Captain and Tenille's "Muskrat Love." My soundtrack would go something like this: "Muskrat Susie and Muskrat Sam" POOOOOOOOH . . . Oh my fucking God that stinks . . . "makin' muskrat love in muskrat land" WHOMPPPP . . . Oh sweet Jesus not another!

You get the drift.

What do you think???

Sharp

Thanks folks! It's Theron's video camera, just a small panasonic unit. We've been using it for over a year now, it can really take a beating. It definitely takes more time to get that footage, we have to thank Theron for making sure we do it.

John, I think your movie would become a cult hit, playing in damp, musty home theaters from Chiliwack to Government Camp. Certain lines and sound effects would enter the lexicon. Let's see it, for sweet Jesus' sake! tongue.gif

Wow, Michael, great job. Yesterday, I cranked out a *short* teaser trailer to the real thing which I still have to finish. In the spirit of your post, here's my tongue-in-cheek poster:

slesse_trailer.jpg

I hope you all enjoy it. Turn the sound way up. It's a soft classical track that gets loud at just the right times. There's also a little aerial suprise at the end. bigdrink.gif

Slesse Teaser Trailer

Theron