Pickets Recon

Buckaroo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWEEET!!! Man, do you have full size copies of those pictures I could get from you to splice together into a mega-panorama?? Both times we have been up there it has been far to cloudy to get that view of the entire traverse from luna col. I assume you took that from luna col at least?

-josh

Just posted them to the gallery. It's a 4 megapixel camera. There's some distortion in the corners so things don't line up exactly. I just did a quicky job in a photo editor, there's also some color difference in the blue sky.

From the summit of Luna, Luna col is at bottom left, handheld Pentax S4i, the one that fits in an Altoids tin and weighs 6 oz, leather case and all. Did great, took 100 full res pics on one battery, a full 256meg card's worth. It has a feature that helps you line up panorama shots with a ghost image from the previous pic.

Yeah the sun was already too far for optimum photos, it was 5:30 on the second day in.

The northern traverse seems like a go but not the southern without a partner like super dave to drag me up, now if I can just get him interested.

+++++++++++++++

Thanks Seawallrunner, and welcome to CC.com!!!

Yeah the sun was already too far for optimum photos, it was 5:30 on the second day in.

The northern traverse seems like a go but not the southern without a partner like super dave to drag me up, now if I can just get him interested.

+++++++++++++++

Thanks Seawallrunner, and welcome to CC.com!!!

Definitely get the beta from Wayne. He thought the northern traverse was quite a bit more taxing, albeit technically easier. The loose rock in many places is the hard part because you are constantly on guard and the exposure never relents.

• 9 months later...