Kangaroo Ridge information

Beckey

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred,

Do you think Lambone is serious he never sent you the email and has he done your route? Hehe I doubt it unless he sends the email [Razz]

Seriuosly though I heard Fred saying he thought there was a better topo\description and he seems serious about finding it. I think he takes pride in having the most definitive guide [big Drink] around.

quote:

Originally posted by roboclimber:

Fred,

Hey would you be interested in doing a Olympic Climbers Guide book?
[smile]

Awww, that'd be easy. Every route takes the obvious gully to the brushy ramp, but the last half pitch is pure joy and distinctly alpine.

Hey, Off White

It sounds like you may have climbed Mnt Ellinor. [big Grin] . Just joking fellow Teninoite. Man the Olympics are indeed a brushy mess of upliffed oceanic rock with a mossy covering but it's Americas' last great least understood mountaineering mecca, don't you agree!! The area does have a couple dozen worthwhile objectives, you just have to bushwack for days to get to them.

Yeah, I gotta agree. Seems like Caveman referred to it as "rubble" but thats not exactly accurate. Its an adventure range for sure, and while I got spanked with a slide alder switch on Washington recently, I've done several good routes on that peak, and not a lick of brush on Constance (after the approach anyway...) But whats with the Tenino sig, surely your not one of we happy few, the 1238 souls of Tenino?

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

I never referred to anything but the Tooth as rubble. YOu are reading into shit. Kiss my ass loser
[laf][Moon]

Well, I'd kiss your ass with my boot, Corporal. [laf] Having short term memory problems? As you said in an earlier thread regarding Mt Washington:

quote:

I call that stuff rubble. Prime reason for me to climbe elsewhere besides these peaks.......

Naw, it doesn't really matter what either of us think, which is part of the charm of this whole board. [big Grin] And I'm not necessarily in disagreement with you, I'll take the Cascades over the Olympics anyday, but I live near Olympia which puts the Olympics close, and the range does have a certain diminutive burly appeal, like a nasty old scarred up bulldog: you know you shouldn't pet it but you're tempted to anyway. I'm not trying to change your mind, just your terminology. My last outing wasn't rubble but rather more akin to approaching the picketts via stetattle creek or doing the tower route on big four, a different kind of horror that Lowell refers to as "subalpinism." Anyway, what all this has to do with Kangaroo Ridge I haven't a damned clue. Sheesh, I guess you got the loser part right [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by roboclimber:

I'm low on the Tenino status pole. I only have one dead car and a travel trailer in my yard. However my pickup truck does work.

Roboclimber- you could redeem yourself with some points for major appliances in the yard or on the porch. [Wink]

Greg

OK guys, help me out. I drew a topo for Fred, typed up some notes, and told him I'll snail-mail it to his house. This is the mailing address he gave me :

iF YOU MAIL IT MY ADDRESS IS 6402-L08TH AVENUE sOUTHEAST; nEWCASTLE, wa 98056

Now, is that 108th Ave? Anybody? [Wazzup]