Climbers in geek professions...

JoshK

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snaf.gif

Personally - I would be driven crazy have to work on computers and work indoors all the time. That said - where is that IT person so I can get this stats program working again? cantfocus.gif

Yeah, I tried that...it sucks ass. I'm not sure how I was albe to sit at the box all day long - I can't see how others do it now.

I am actually in a very cool profession and when I determined that most climbers were geeks, I chose to boulder, which is extremely non-geek. now I understand why boulderers really don't fit in here.

Wrong. Distel is a bouldering fiend, and they don't come much geekier. However, middle aged trad dads with #11 hex's clanking up the trail are the geekiest of geek. Lugging all that shit up 400' of 5.7 for that one 5.9 crux move, all 7' of it. Abject definition of geek. thumbs_down.gif

I've done more hard moves by the end of the warmup wall at the Circuit than you can at most chuffing areas in Washington State.

Denial. Live it. Be it. Know it. Geek out on your camming ratios and fall factors.

I'll be pulling down.

ahh yes,.. fitting in, the elusive unabtainable goal of the geek......worse, desiring to fit in with clubbies

The Schwinn Orange Crate is the coolest sting-ray ever built, sting-rays being the coolest bikes ever built....of course geeks would not know that....

and finishing off each others sentences, thats so cute.

Luke is a special kind of geek, climbing V10 makes geek way cool. Besides he gets women = not so geek.

and its spelled T R O L L not tool.

silly rope aid dabbers.

yes, but the orange crate paint was metallic with a 6 inch tall 5 speed shifter on the center bar, springer front forks with small tire, a hand brake and a sparkley orange banana seat.

that pretty much trumps plain old red.