it's that time again! the Xth annual rope up.

minx

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ARE YOU GUYS WORKING ON YOUR CC.COM TEE SHIRT DESIGNS?

Here is my submission. I just got back from Europe and I saw a few people wearing this shirt. It's bound to be a hit with the cc.com crew.

496280-suckit.jpg

How about using John's snaffle?

squirrel3.jpg

"Suck my Snaffle!"

No fair Dox now your making me even more sad.

A client that already has a retainer down called last night and says that they will need my services after all. On the evening of the 1st and the 2nd. Kinda makes Rope up a challenge. So The gear that I had previously offered is still available but someone else will need to take care of it. Or we go back to finding projector and screen etc somewhere else. frown.gifbigdrink.gif

OK, so I'm a Rope-Up virgin, and I need some mean beta...

1. Do we just bring our car camping shit and throw down a tent, and there's a covered area for fixing meals? Or do I pull out the ol' dining canopy? YIKES! hellno3d.gif

2. Do we bring food for just ourselves to feed, or is it customary/expected that you bring some sort of shit to "pot luck" with everyone else?

3. Same question for the beer/alcohol.

4. Who do we pay for reserving the site, keg beer, et al?

5. Acceptable arrival time on Friday evening?

Serious responses only, as I have no time right now for bullshit answers and trolls/baiting. TIA. wave.gif

It would be great if people can bring food to share, potluck style.

I'm working on getting some beer...can anyone in PDX help me negotiate getting a TG IPA keg or two? Jon is going to donate some money from CC.com coffers to help pay for it, but we don't know exactly how much yet...and the group campsite payment will need to come out of that money too. So hopefully there will be plenty of beer...I'll update here once its figgered out.

If you want to donate money...give it to Minx or me, and we will put it toward more beer.

Yes, bring your own tent. If you have a dining canopy, if you could bring it would be great in case it rains. Minx reserved the group campsite...I don't know if there is a covered area there.

Time for another recap:

We've got the group campsite at Leavenworth's Eightmile Campground reserved Friday September 30th and Saturday October 1.

Friday night, trickle in and hang around the campfire. Climb on Saturday, expect something resembling a party Saturday night, climb on Sunday, go home.

In the past, folks have set up and supervised some top-ropes for novice climbers while others have paired up at the campsite to go climbing; still others have spent the weekend just hanging out in the canyon. Thus far, I have not heard of any specific plans along these lines for this year.

Oly has talked about putting on some kind of a slideshow on Sat. and requested pictures of foreign climbing trips. He and Minx are going to sing Karaoke and dance for us.

Bring something to share and make it fun for all. A monster cook stove and super duper coffee setup would be popular. Maybe a grill? Firewood? Canopy tents can be a plus if it rains. Camp lanterns are nice at night. Folding chairs are a plus. Somebody needs to get 100 sausages and stuff them in a pinata so we can whack it with a big stick.

There has been some talk of a tee shirt design contest. Where's your entry?

[edit: sorry to repeat some of what Oly just said. I don't think I contradicted him but simply added in the bits he forgot like about the karaoke and dancing show.]

Edited by mattp

Thanks Dave, oly, and Matt for the info.

I can bring a two-burner "Coleman-style" propane canister stove, a propane canister lantern, a couple of Walrus camp chairs, an 8' x 8' dining canopy, a pot and pan or two for boiling/frying, and a monetary contribution.

I was planning on bringing a backpacking tent cuz it's gonna be just me, but since I'm now "with child" we also have the Costco special purchase Kelty 10' x 17' "full-on-assault-style-family-camping-stand-up-to-your-full-height-inside" with screened lounging porch tent. blush.gif

Please tell me to leave this monstrosity at home... Please! No, really... pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!

The seven day forecast calls for a drier trend over the next week. Lets hope it continues.

Here's a shot from two or three years ago at ropeup:

420tony1.jpg

That looks like Toast. Am I right?

And really, Erik, you aren't serious when you say to bring the nylon palace, are ya? hellno3d.gif

Did someone say STRIP POKER?? I'll bring the cards!!

I have a fun little latern type thingie...that runs on..yep you guessed it...BATTERIES!!

I can also bring 4 party chairs.

I'll bring some snackie poos to share with all!

Are dogs allowed? I'd be really sad if I couldn't bring Scooter Bug along.

Hmm, hope I dont cause trouble posting...

The abbey style is progressing. I moved it to the secondary fermentation - it'll sit there for almost two weeks then I'll keg it and hopefully it'll be ready for RopeUp.

secondary_fermentation.jpg

After siphoning to the secondary, we clean up after the primary. Mmmmm, yeast stool, beer's dirty little secret.

yeast_stool.jpg