it's that time again! the Xth annual rope up.

minx

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, what a Yawn-Fest. yellowsleep.gif

Thanks to:

AlpineK & Sobo for the tarpwork! thumbs_up.gif

Gary for the equipment! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

All the great slides folks brought, and fun presentations!

TG for the beer

All those who brought food!

Olyclimber for all his work! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

CC.com for the campsite & contributions! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Edited by MisterE

No kidding MisterE. Thanks to:

Slide Show players:

+AlpineK-Combatant/Yose

+MisterE- Mox

+Jens and Cascadeclimber-J-burg

+Colin-Nanga Parbat

Thanks to them we got to see (well, those that weren't distracted by other displays) some slides from some of the best climbs in the past year.

Thanks once again to Steve at Terminal Gravity. Steve not only donated a whole keg of awesome beer, but he financed another one and the tap rentals for us. That guy is awesome...go drink a bunch of his beer.

Thanks to CC.com (Jon, Tim, etc) who provided us with free beer and camping.

Thanks to Andrew (who doesn't even post on CC.com) for bringing up the beer from Portland when no one else could commit to it.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and put up tarps, cooked food, and all that stuff.

And finally, I'd like to thank the Academy and all those that hold silence regarding anything that may or may not have happened at Drunkup 2005.

And Mother Nature, no thanks for the rain. cry.gif

If anyone came across a little Canon camera, its AlpineDave's. Good karma points if you get that back to him...it was brand new.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you at Ken? Are you climbing out all the 8c+ shiz over there? We'll raise a glass to you this weekend. bigdrink.gif

I am in France right now in the Vallee du Lot been here for the last week, wishing I pull that 8c shit, but instead sticking to the moderates. It has been nice to be chilling at the crag without a bunch of kids hanging out pawing through your stuff. It is crazy how many bolts there are all over the place it would be Pope hell. Also in most areas we have gone too they have little glued on signs at the base of the route with the name and grade of the climb.

Ropeup sound like it was fun and it seems that mother nature did not fail to make it a wet one. The deversion that you guys had down in Cashmere is funny as hell.

• 7 years later...

Is there one this year?

Probably not. It was really fun to put these on though, and it seemed like people had a good time at them. One of my favorite memories was when Jim helped me get The Guzzler to show slides and a short movie from back in the day. I had a good run at it, but man it was a chore to manage the perception (ill conceived) that the campground hosts had of us. I bent over backwards to work with them, and they just seemed out to pin anything that happened in the Icicle on us. The last one we had it seemed to end well with them including emails saying they would take us back and that we had been good lads, but what a PITA. I know people don't like the drive, but I'd love to do one again up at the Chatter Creek Campground if the road is open, away from the maddening crowd.

If there is enough interest I could see putting one on again next year, but it would be super casual...as in I don't even know about doing a slide show. Just get a group camp and people can hang out around a fire and swaps lies and do some climbing, thats it. Less production and more climbing.

• 1 year later...
...I know people don't like the drive, but I'd love to do one again up at the Chatter Creek Campground if the road is open, away from the maddening crowd.

If there is enough interest I could see putting one on again next year, but it would be super casual...as in I don't even know about doing a slide show. Just get a group camp and people can hang out around a fire and swaps lies and do some climbing, thats it. Less production and more climbing.

Any chance at a RopeUp 2015, oly??? I'm back in the States now and would really like to get out for some casual climbing and drinking with friends before the snow flies (since I haven't climbed any since before I left for Afghanistan way back in 2012).

...I know people don't like the drive, but I'd love to do one again up at the Chatter Creek Campground if the road is open, away from the maddening crowd.

Any chance at a RopeUp 2015, oly??? I'm back in the States now and would really like to get out for some casual climbing and drinking with friends before the snow flies (since I haven't climbed any since before I left for Afghanistan way back in 2012).

Nonsense. I bet you've be e-climbing nonstop.

Welcome back!