Lance a doper?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be really disappointed if this is true. But I was also disappointed when Barry Bonds finally fessed up (well, he didn't exactly admit that he knew he was roiding, but he admitted taking them). I was even more disappointed about the story that the Pittsburgh Steelers of the '70s were among the NFL leaders in steroid abuse.

Maybe we all just need to grow up and develop a certain indifference to the athletic accomplishments of others. Maybe we need to stop our emotional investment in teams and athletes.

Guys they can't confirm it, because then only have one of this two urine samples. Furthermore, 15 other samples tested positive as well, and we don't know how many they have. Why don't we hear about the other 14 riders being identified publically and questioned? Because the French hate Armstrong and want to bring him down b/c he dominated their support. And they smell like armpit.

Well, for what it's worth, and take this with as many saltshakers as you want too, but I heard from a really hardcore cyclist that EVERYONE in Europe uses them. So if Lance beat them at their own game, he still wins fair and square because his opponents were beefed up too. smirk.gif

if i wanted to watch a bunch of fucking people riding stupid little bikes around, i'd step out front of the suburban shit-dream i live in and watch legions of wee girls driving 'round wearing their hello-kitty helmets while pedaling their funkadelic pink cycles w/ the crazy flags - and i give about as much a shit if they're doped up while doing it as if a bunch of snail eating gauls are (or wannabe texan gauls, for that matter).

Guys they can't confirm it, because then only have one of this two urine samples. Furthermore, 15 other samples tested positive as well, and we don't know how many they have. Why don't we hear about the other 14 riders being identified publically and questioned? Because the French hate Armstrong and want to bring him down b/c he dominated their support. And they smell like armpit.

Good articles here on some of the limitations of the technique:

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8746.0.html

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7245.0.html

Pittsburgh Steelers? Come on!!! Does this guy look jacked up? They weren't the "leaders" ... everyone was doing it and they didn't even know what it was.

lambertcloseuppf-1.jpg

Ironically, Jack Lambert was probably one Steeler less likely to have been using steroids at that time. His playing weight was only 220 pounds. Furthermore, I have met him a couple times since then. He is a forest ranger, and he looks to be about the same size now.

Pittsburgh Steelers? Come on!!! Does this guy look jacked up? They weren't the "leaders" ... everyone was doing it and they didn't even know what it was.

lambertcloseuppf-1.jpg

Ironically, Jack Lambert was probably one Steeler less likely to have been using steroids at that time. His playing weight was only 220 pounds. Furthermore, I have met him a couple times since then. He is a forest ranger, and he looks to be about the same size now.

He's a wildlife enforcement officer for the PA Game Commission. I ran into (I mean met) him a couple of times while doing some research in northern PA. I don't suspect he gets much back-talk.