The great deals thread

Kraken

What are some of the best deals you've got on climbing gear?

I just bought the Marmot Cwm sleeping bag (rated to -40, 900 fill goose down) for $300 from the Attic at REI. The same bag was retailing there for $700.

That's a hell of a deal if I may say so myself. I'll put it to good use this coming spring on Denali.

I also got a full rack (6) black diamond turbo express screws for $200 new off of ebay. They came with a locking biner and a BD crampon bag too.

Also got BD Vipers for $250 for the pair.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also got a full rack (6) black diamond turbo express screws for $200 new off of ebay. They came with a locking biner and a BD crampon bag too.

On a similar note this place is selling turbo express for 37 bucks each... Not quite as good as your deal, but I just bought some and was pretty pleased with the price and customer service.

i've been too poor lately to afford any of these great deals. BTW, if you haven't already, go over to rockclimbing.com and check out their great deals thread. It's up to 31 pages now of fantastic deals that you can't get anywhere else. I've found some incredible deals through that.

TNF SALE:

I'll be telling the grandkids about that one.

""And there I was little JOhnny... Camalots and Friends were swiped off the racks like the flesh falling off the bone at a pig roast.

Dirtbags from all walks of climbing had glimmers of hope in their eye. Alpinists could finally buy that fancy pair of approach shoe. Tradsters could afford that #6 Camalot to protect the offwidth pitches up in the enchanments. Sporties bought their super-thin, sticky, hooker slippers and prana attire... fruit.gif

For all was 75% off retail!!!

And me? I bought my first mountaineering boot for $56.25. And now I'm giving them to you...

That reminds me, your father was concieved while I was wearing these boots. we'd just returned to the car from another epic trip. I was horny as a goat. And your grandmother was still wearing her harness as I bent her over the hood... Thank the stars for droppable leg-loops...""