• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Thinker

[TR] Zion National Park- The Subway aka Left Fork of North Creek 8/21/2005

Climb: Zion National Park-The Subway aka Left Fork of North Creek

Date of Climb: 8/21/2005

Trip Report:

2 mile approach thru alpine meadow/forest and over slickrock

2185subway001-med.jpg

7 of us made the descent into canyon, ran the canyon for about 6 miles, and made the greuling mile+ hike out of the canyon. Larger photos are availble in my gallery.

2185subway02-med.jpg2185subway03-med.jpg2185subway05-med.jpg

2185subway16-med.jpg2185subway18-med.jpg2185subway20-med.jpg

2185subway22-med.jpg

2185subway24.jpg

2185subway33-med.jpg2185subway36-med.jpg2185subway31-med.jpg

Gear Notes:

60 feet of static rope for rappeling. 10 feet of webbing just in case.

yes, and they can be difficult to obtain. policy limits groups to a max of 12. we got our 3rd choice of days and were limited to 8 people.

Sweet photos. Good to see some canyoneering photos on here. My girlfriend and I were hoping to hike the Narrows in June but the run-off had the water levels too high.

Did ya happen to hike up Angel's Landing? Nice hike minus the damn crowds. I didn't figure that many damned people would be there. Toward the top it was like waiting in line for a ride at Disneyland. Still worth it either way.

nope, we didn't have time to do Angels Landing. Others in our group have and I look forward to hitting it midweek or late afternoon to avoid some of the crowds. Seems like it would be a good candidate for a headlamp descent to filter out some of the tourons.