age question.

jcouch

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One night in 1999 or 2000, I was snuggled up in my portaledge on the Nose, all proud of myself for making it through the first day alive, and allofasudden a flare when off.

Later, I learned that the oldest guy to ever climb the Nose had just topped out (at 3am) and was celebrating. He was in his 80s or some such nonsense.

Talk about being humbled.....

jesus people, I wasnt asking how old you have to be to climb the mountain. I wanted to know if there was anyone on this bored, that is in my age group, that has or is planning on climbing rainier

thanks.

We don't read well, that happens with age.

However, you called it when you said "bored" Geek_em8.gif

jesus people, I wasnt asking how old you have to be to climb the mountain. I wanted to know if there was anyone on this bored, that is in my age group, that has or is planning on climbing rainier

thanks.

We don't read well, that happens with age.

However, you called it when you said "bored" Geek_em8.gif

haha whoops...thanks

FYI - if you climb above 12,000' before the age of 20, your testicles will retreat into your body and never redescend.

Yup, that is why there are a lot of sterile people in CO. Independence pass, which lies between Aspen and the east slopes is just over 12k. smile.gif Climb safe, and watch those testicles.

I wish I had the opportunity to climb Rainier at that age, but growing up in Roanoke, Va. I had little opportunity. I actually climbed the Tetons (lived in Jackson during summer breaks from college), Ecuadorian volcanoes, in the Cordillera Blanca, and Aconcagua before I ever set foot on Rainier. But, I've moved out here and don't see myself moving back. Watch out it may happen to you as well! I am sure there are some climbers your age. I am an old man at 29........

people who have or are planning on climbing rainier.

That covers just about everyone on this board.

I was 24 the first time I climbed Rainier. 18 is a great age to climb - provided you're mature/experienced enough to make good decisions or are climbing with someone who is.

• 2 weeks later...