Bobcat sighting???

ChocChick

Just got done from a day of mt. biking up near exit 38 on Sunday, driving out to I-90 and my husband and I see this big ass cat (bobcat? lynx?) running down the road. It was black or dark brown, tail about six inches long and pretty damn big ass paws! He was about the size of a meduim size dog. Has anyone seen any wildcats in that area? Any idea what kind of wildcat it could be? It was beautiful!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could have been a cougar too....they've been spotted around that area. If it has a long tail like you suggest..I would guess a cougar. they've been seen in that area.

Cougars look like big dogs (they weigh 100-150lbs) and have tails that are 2-3 feet in length. It was probably a bobcat/lynx.

apple cup

Never heard that euphemism for scrotum before. Thanks.

Let me try it:

My apple cup is draggin'.

That's about as welcome as a swift kick in the apple cup.

If you were dyin' of thirst, I wouldn't give you the sweat off my apple cup.

I'll save it for talking to my Grandmother... she'll probably kick me in the apple cup (again).

You won't mistake a cougar running away from you if you can see the tail; it's long, and can appear as a moon cresent...or a long flagpole.

A bobcat and lynx on the other hand, have very small tails. The lynx can be found in Canada and generally has larger feet than the BC for walking in snowy terrain. There's lots of bobcats in the PNW...and are a rare treat to see.

That's what I know about them. There's more information here... Differences between lynx and bobcats