Climber, homeless, and needs help..........

Icefall

Yeah.... you should take advantage of your despair and use it as fuel. It looks like your not finiding what your looking for here. You do come off as a little too needy.....kind of like the "crampon" whacker.....whack'in his noodle all over this site. If people fear your the crampon.......you get no cred

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, so long as everyone's handing out free advice (and you seem to be inviting it), here's some more from the sadistic teacher in me - try proof-reading your applications 'fore you send 'em in - if they're anything like your posts you won't get a job b/c folks are going to think you're a moron - try writing in complete sentences, finishing thoughts, and other wacky editing ideas as espoused by "the greats" like emmerson, thurber, hemmingway and dr suess.

i look forward to climbing w/ you - unemployed folks mesh much better w/ my summer needs smile.gif

No fuckin kiddin, no wonder your old lady dumped you. Can you fuckin believe this guy! You know what poor is Billy, poor is when you have to jerk off the dog to feed the cat. you been doing that Billy.

Suck it up or turn to the guy beside you (your in the states right) and borrow his piece. better yet borrow his back-up piece (probebly isn't traceable) stick it to your head, no wait, stick it your mouth that way your sure not to miss and pull the trigger.

Hey JM'kay you fucktard, read the whole thread. You are talking to the wrong guy. And keep any information about your weird relationships with your pets to yourself or take it to an appropriate animal sodomy website.

You have been posting nothing but bizarre arrogant tripe since you showed up here. Get a life.

Cheers

bigdrink.gif

In order of desperation:

Labor Ready : Multiple locations, they'll take most anyone, work today-get paid today. Take home about $35 for a regular shift. Varying degrees of difficulty and better if you have a car.

Shuttle Express : If you have a good driving record, this company in Renton hires about 15 drivers per month. After one week of training and two days on the road, you're on your own and take home tips averaging about $40/day. So in a week and a half you'd have cash to take home on a daily basis. Basically minimum wage plus tips.

Temp agencies : Look in the yellow pages. They'll do a skills assessment in-house. Don't mention being homeless, just state you're new to the area yadda yadda. Tell them what they want to hear. The downside is the paycheck is usually three weeks out.

Icefall, if you are being sincere then there are plenty of resources here in Seattle. Pencil Pusher had some amazing ideas on getting work. There is a hostel in downtown Seattle, http://www.hiseattle.org/rooms.htm. Also, The Salvation Army can house you very cheap and provide cheap meals, $2.00 for breakfast and lunch, $3 for dinner. They can help you on many fronts and they are great people there. I have done some volunteer work with them. It's going to be hard not having friends and family to go to in town, but the resources you have here are amazing. Plus there are a ton of food banks as well. But just don't sleep on the street. I see people every day do this and it is not a good way to live.

I knew this gal who lived in her van for a year. She had a good job and joined a health club so she had a place to shower until she had enough money for an apartment. Just keep up the good attitude. Check with the Unemployment office in Seattle. They have tons of job listings as well.

No fuckin kiddin, no wonder your old lady dumped you. Can you fuckin believe this guy! You know what poor is Billy, poor is when you have to jerk off the dog to feed the cat. you been doing that Billy.

Suck it up or turn to the guy beside you (your in the states right) and borrow his piece. better yet borrow his back-up piece (probebly isn't traceable) stick it to your head, no wait, stick it your mouth that way your sure not to miss and pull the trigger.

Wow, seems kind of harsh dude.

I've had it bad, but not that bad....yet.

Iceguy, my advice: "Organise and execute around written priorities."

Sit down and decide for yourself, excatly what that is, then put it down on paper.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the help guys, Im really trying to cope.

Everything you folks said is being mentally absorbed, and will all work out, thank you from the bottom of my depthless heart.

And to the bastards that turn this into a joke, well I wont say it, just "know" this may come back to you times three.

Sounds like it's more the mental aspects of dreaded "homelessness" and the associated fears that are getting you down. I can certainly empathize; this isn't a society or culture that seems to look kindly upon those in that position, and feelings of shame and embarrassment can run rampant.

But. I wonder if a slight perceptual shift might help to turn around your thinking? Can you start to view this as an adventure, an opportunity? I know people who have CHOSEN homelessness, one fellow finishing two years of college whilst living in his vw van. I lived under a tree by UW campus for a month (showers and climbing nearby!).

Any interest in Buddhism? This could be a great opportunity to go on a retreat close to your present location at northwest vipassana center. 10 days, entirely donation-based (pay what you can), and profound.

I might have some work available coming up, if you can handle doing general construction related stuff. Hard work, potentially decent pay.

Anyway, it sounds like everything's gonna be fine in your life. you've got training in something that has job availability, and seattle is certainly an area with plenty of opportunities.

And to the bastards that turn this into a joke, well I wont say it, just "know" this may come back to you times three.

or we have already been there times 3 and know that your crying here, when time is plenty and options are numerous, is pathetic.

restocked my beer last night.