Second Accent rocks!!

whidbey

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently went shopping for rock shoes, and checked several shops around Seattle. At other shops, they said "based on what you are describing, you want these" - and they had me try on a pair of shoes. At least two of them had limited selection and sizes available, too. At Second Ascent they had all of the shoes I'd looked at elsewhere and they also had some others. The salesperson said "I think you'd like these, but John - what do you think, oh - John says you might like these other ones. And we have these and these you might like to try on too." I tried on about five different shoes and they had them is my size range and I bought one.

They give very fair deals on buying your used stuff too. I just sold 4 climbing books and one of my Marmot fleece hats I don't wear too much anymore. Walked out with $23 to buy lunch with. smile.gif Coulda got more with in store credit, but I am trying not to buy more stuff these days. Except the new Kona mountain bike I got from them on Sunday to replace the one that got stolen a couple months back. wink.gif

thumbs_up.gif

• 4 months later...

Before u buy anything there make sure you check it out real good. I noticed most the stuff priced real low, was that way for a reason. They told me they only sell new "load bearing" equipment. So dont count on finding any used cams or biners there. However they did sell me a set of ascenders that were "used." He told me they were only selling them cause the girl who bought them never used them on her trip to Rainier. I checkd them over and didnt see any wear marks on them. Pretty good deal too...$40.00 for the pair of Petzel Ascenders. He even threw in a new biner that held them together. Nice staff and decent prices. Lots of used guide books and a little library section u can sit down and read in. Over all 2 thumbs up...