Rei purchased Koflach Degree..they suck.. return?

whidbey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whidbey, I would absolutely love to go climbing with you. There's just one itty bitty little problem. You see, I have a rather strict policy about not climbing with people whose IQ is lower than their age. The concrete-filled sphere you call a head will undoubtedly prevent you from tying your shoelaces, let alone place a cam. So I don't think I'll be taking you up on your offer.

Have a nice day.

Just in case you didn't read the whole thread. I would neve have puchased these if I hadn't been sold them. My bad for listening to the sales pitch. Have you ever read or heard the REI return policy? Yes I agree it's over the top! Did I feel bad returning it?.... Of course I did. Should I feel bad about returning it based on REI policy... I shouldn't. If'n you don't get that well.... IQ Check for you.

Regarding all those who thought I shouldn't take them back..... I did finally take them back after all your horseshit. I paid more than I should have for them.. the more a think about it I don't feel one bit of quilt. I spend major amoount of money a year at REI,.. On some item the only reason i purchase them is based on the return policy. If you all want to piss and you know what.. i'm climbing tommorow and would love to climb with you. Keep your politics and personal REI shit to yourself.

I agree with that..... Figger Eight. I'm a damn good sales person and I could get most people to buy what I ask them to.,..... Does that always mean it's what they really need. Of course not. That is sales. If your not in that end of the business world it's hard to explain. My job is to take as much of your money as your willing to give up. Is that a bad thing? That is the American way.

Alex.... this is silly. If I had purchased them at second ascent I wouldn't even think of returning them. For that matter either AAI or that other Seattle climbing store in the U district that I haven't been to yet. Yes I feel a little sheepish about the return. I also didn't make up the return policy. I feel bad about taking advantage of what was offered when I purchased them. I realize that it's also my fault for taking the advise of the sales person. Most the time if you come up to me I can get you to purchase just about anything. That is my job. Sales. If they had a different corp. policy then this whole damn conversation wouldn't have started. Who knows.

I am really not sure how you would assume that I somehow am judging your decision here: perhaps it is not clear, but when I said my feelings were mixed I was trying to say that maybe I actually agreed with your point of view to some extent.

My point, which seems to be lost on you (but not Fig8) is that if you solicit input, and then don't like the input, don't blame the others for their input! This is nothing personal here, just common sense. I can tell you with very much conviction that the sales staff at REI is not trying to just make sales on you, they make minimum wage and no commission, its not like they are making bank off your boot purchase. They were trying to help you make the right decision for whatever your needs are. Clearly your needs were not communicated effectively nor met, and you returned your boots. Why is this a big deal? This happens every day. So stop feeling guilty about returning the boots, you made the right decision for you.

Alex

dont worry about it, the more important thing is boots that fit! I know cause I dont have any right now, and I am suffering because of it, every mountain trip the last 6 weeks in 5.10ies. I will prob make a trip to the gear stores today for yet another round, maybe i can find those Waffle Stompers?

Allow whoever will take them back to do so. Each person I have dealt with at Koflach/Atomic USA in New Hampshire has not been fair with me or backed up their product at all. As a result I will do my best to find a pair of Lowa, Vasque, or Scarpa boots that fit and climb well. Their service cannot be any worse than Koflach was to me. cry.gif

Edited by mountaineer38

• 2 weeks later...