25 Viewing...

bunglehead

...Seeing as my plane takes off at 5:45 AM, I don't think I can swing that this time.

Pfffft! As we used to say in college: You can't drink all day unless you start first thing in the morning!

indeed! this explains my stunning gpa at my institution of higher drinking.

now i'm thinking i need to wear a stronger bra on airplanes. i really don't want my boobs to explode hellno3d.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sobo, are you a pilot?

You're more fatalistic than I am.

I remember that one crash in Detroit where a Northwest Airlines plane crashed on takeoff because the pilots

FORGOT TO FUCKING EXTEND THE FLAPS.

Thing is, the goddamn plane shot straight off the edge of the runway and slid right down the highway, thereby insuring the complete Sucky Detroit Experience for both passengers and commuters.

I hope I don't get mugged in the concourse.

Detroit. Pfffft. What. Ever.

Sobo, are you a pilot?

No, but I play one on TV. yellaf.gif

Seriously, though, I have friends who are, and they take me up all the time to try to convince me to get my license, but my life insurance is crazy expensive already anyway. They tell me all these flying jokes along the way. That's all.

I have no fear of flying whatsoever. Although on our last overseas trip shortly after 9/11, my wife turned to me and whispered, "If I see more than two young, Middle Eastern-looking men on our flight, I'm getting off the plane." She used to be a Seattle cop/detective, so profiling is not beyond her sensibilities. I tend to agree with her.

...I have no fear of flying whatsoever. Although on our last overseas trip shortly after 9/11, my wife turned to me and whispered, "If I see more than two young, Middle Eastern-looking men on our flight, I'm getting off the plane." She used to be a Seattle cop/detective, so profiling is not beyond her sensibilities. I tend to agree with her.

Fucking great. Detroit has the largest Arab Population in North America. There's bound to be a few on my flight.

cry.gif

...I have no fear of flying whatsoever. Although on our last overseas trip shortly after 9/11, my wife turned to me and whispered, "If I see more than two young, Middle Eastern-looking men on our flight, I'm getting off the plane." She used to be a Seattle cop/detective, so profiling is not beyond her sensibilities. I tend to agree with her.

Fucking great. Detroit has the largest Arab Population in North America. There's bound to be a few on my flight.

cry.gif

Bummer, d00d...

Well, remember, this flight was, like, 3 years ago. Now TSA's on the case. Things are better now... really. Really!

I watched a couple of folks praying on their prayer rugs one evening before boarding the same plane I was boarding. I wanted to hide in the corner, cry, and shit myself. It was the only time I remember being afraid to fly.

What if they had extreme ninja skills? They wouldn't need to use box cutters, they could chop you up like a nigiri roll with their bare hands shocked.gif

Ya know, Dru reminded me of something we thought was interesting... When we went to Vietnam to pick up our son, we flew Evergreen Air (great airline, BTW - highly recommended) out of Seattle to Taiwan, then from there to Tan Son Nhut Airport in HCMC. On the flight from Seattle to Taiwan, we had the usual plasticware with which to eat our meals. When dinner was served from Taiwan to Vietnam, we noted with amusement that we were provided real silverware...

Things are better now. Not so much because of TSA but passangers wouldn't let a terrorist get away with hijacking a plane with a box cutter as only weapon.

Do you really think a bunch of overweight US passengers would have a hope in hell against some extreme ninja terrorists? So much ass would be kicked it'd be like Bishop Mule Days! In fact if I was DHS right now I would be watching for religious young men buying black pyjamas, not playing Flight Simulator.

If you get a big fatso roling down the center isle he/she will crush anything in his/her way, including your pyjamas fighter. Can't argue with 400lbs of lard in motion. This could turn into a "Bear vs Shark" thread. thumbs_up.gif

Edited by barjor