Moving to Pullman!

Dougiefresh

Here is a quetion for wazzumountaineer or anyone else that lives in that part of the world. I know that both wsu and u of I have indoor climbing walls, the one at wsu looks kinda lame. Is it only top rope or can you boulder? I know of granite point and some stuff in idaho like city of rocks and the sawtooth mountains for a long weekend. Banks lake seems like it would the same amount of driving as it is from seattle. Any ice in idaho that is closer? Any help would be great! thanks!!

Edited by Dougiefresh

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are granite domes on the Clearwater.

Climbing in Spokane/Cour d'Allene.

Climbing at the 7 Devils

The Wallawa mtns are close.

Chimney Rock.

Blodget Canyon MT isn't too far.

There's good mtn biking on Moscow mtn and other places. Good skiing at Freezeout ridge.

And good boating on all the rivers if you like to wear a spray skirt. hellno3d.gif

U of I built a climbing wall a couple years ago that looks pretty badass.

Granite Point right on the Snake river is a short drive and a pretty cool place to hang out. Jump into the river to cool off after you're done climbing.

There's some short basalt cliffs right in the city of Pullman but they suck.

Spokane/Couer d'Alene area has lots of decent climbing. I particularly like the Post Falls area. Lots of single-pitch sport and trad climbing.

Lightning Dome is a big granite dome on the Clearwater river and there is good multi pitch trad climbing there.

• 2 weeks later...