Does anyone need anything?

googlebot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. an answer to the following: since you'd be a librarian/historian, aren't you concerned you might disturb an experiment in progress and thereby change forever the course of history or do you actually consider yourself part of the experiment?

yes. an answer to the following: since you'd be a librarian/historian, aren't you concerned you might disturb an experiment in progress and thereby change forever the course of history or do you actually consider yourself part of the experiment?

Wouldn't Heisenberg contend you were both?

I need to know where my socks are. They've all disappeared. (Man, I hate that.) Let me know if you find them out there somewhere.

Thanks.

Commander Hoek and Cadet Stimpy:

Black Hole

Their space ship is sucked into a black hole. They wander around

on a strange planet therein which has a mutating effect on them,

discover the universe's repository for missing left socks,

and miss the bus back to Jersey City. Could this be the end?

What?

Heisenberg dealt with subatomic velocity problems, matrix mechanics, and allotropic forms of molecular hydrogen.

His uncertainty principal, which most people are familiar with, deals with the simultaneous determination of both the position and momentum of a particle carrying an inherent uncertainty, the product of these being not less than a known constant.

A great trip back to QMEC101, but nothing to do with essence or conciousness.

however, it may have not forseen the coming of the cc.com

hmmm ... it's not my field but my understanding is that the observer becomes part of the system in quantum physics. It has some implications in philosophy and for the study of knowledge: is reality independent of what we observe or is there a truth?

Edited by j_b

It is quite philosophical, I agree. Not QM, but for instance, when you sit in a chair, you are not actually sitting in a chair. A powerful forcefield of minute dimension is causing you to hover over something that reflects light back at your irises, that creates the concept in your electrochemical pathways of your brain that is "chair". Chairs come in many sizes shapes and colors, yet you can always identify one even if you have only seen a few, and never actually touched one. In fact, you never touch anything at all, in the way "touch" is usually considered.

It is quite philosophical, I agree. Not QM, but for instance, when you sit in a chair, you are not actually sitting in a chair. A powerful forcefield of minute dimension is causing you to hover over something that reflects light back at your irises, that creates the concept in your electrochemical pathways of your brain that is "chair". Chairs come in many sizes shapes and colors, yet you can always identify one even if you have only seen a few, and never actually touched one. In fact, you never touch anything at all, in the way "touch" is usually considered.

I think ya'll might be referring to phenomenon versus noumenon--which is covered in the philosophy field. But you do touch on QM soon as you start talking about subatomic force fields. That's where shit gets funky.

Realizing that you are part of the observation is basic science.

But I am not even going to think about light hitting my iris. I have an eyeball phobia thing, so let's just not go there. crazy.gif