[TR] Blood on the Cracks - IV 10d R

olyclimber

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

madgo_ron.gif minx...before you open your yapper, you should think. you're just making yourself look bad when you join the peanut gallery posers. we are legit and blowen up in the 05! This route sets a new standard in alpinism, so get used to the new boss in town. Don't hate, appreciate.

madgo_ron.gif minx...before you open your yapper, you should think. you're just making yourself look bad when you join the peanut gallery posers. we are legit and blowen up in the 05! This route sets a new standard in alpinism, so get used to the new boss in town. Don't hate, appreciate.

hey oly--you know when you point a finger at someone, there's 3 pointing back at you. you don't have to inflate your accomplishment for us to think you're an OK climber. you just have to climbing once in a while.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the second ascent of this gem via a major variation. I call the variation,"Oly Licked my girlfriend's shirt while she was in it" Here are the photos.

Here Gyselinck and I enjoy the approach, aided by a dinosaur of course.

3146craig_nm_3-med.JPG

During the second half of the approach, we encountered this climber ready to fight and trying to beat us to the second ascent.

314612-03_049-med.jpg

Here I am approaching the true false summit, which happened to be an active volcano.

3146guatemala_085-med.jpg

The approach now over, we get our first look at the mountain

MtDoom.jpg

The climb was interesting, but a little boring. About 102 pitches of mostly 5.10+ climbing on volcanic scree.

Here is the Lyger riding the true summit

3146Climbing_Spring_05_051-med.jpg

Here I am on the summit enjoying a well deserved beer

bigdrink.gif

The descent was uneventful and took 14 days. This is what awaited us at the trailhead after the climb.

Dance%20Party%20on%20the%20Boat.jpg