the burn

thelawgoddess

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had friends go a bunch of years ago, and some others who live in Truckee who are thinking to go this year. It actually sounds like a pretty entertaining iteration of the Earth Circus and the people watching is pretty fabulous. I like that sort of public group art and wierdness expression, it would be worth it just to check out the various bizarre vehicles. I expect it was better years ago when it was fully subculture, instead of getting written up in Time and Newsweek. The heat would just add a surreal edge, though I am a fully acclimated Northwesterner who's idea of a great beach is one that includes shade. yellaf.gif

But no, I'm not going down there. Are you LG? If so, take pictures and tell stories.

I've had friends go a bunch of years ago, and some others who live in Truckee who are thinking to go this year. It actually sounds like a pretty entertaining iteration of the Earth Circus and the people watching is pretty fabulous. I like that sort of public group art and wierdness expression, it would be worth it just to check out the various bizarre vehicles. I expect it was better years ago when it was fully subculture, instead of getting written up in Time and Newsweek. The heat would just add a surreal edge, though I am a fully acclimated Northwesterner who's idea of a great beach is one that includes shade. yellaf.gif

But no, I'm not going down there. Are you LG? If so, take pictures and tell stories.

yeah; i think i'm going. i'm not really into the whole freaky people subculture thing (whatever that is), but a friend who knows me pretty well said i would love it and has been trying to get me to go for years. the art cars and structures are supposed to be amazing, and i'm looking forward to seeing some of the results of unleashed creativity. i'm only going for a few days. i think i can handle a few days in the desert ... even if i am surrounded by a bunch of naked weirdos. tongue.gif