glacier view

LUCKY

Started my morning getting up early planning on my usual summer trip up Pinnacle and the Castle , it was raining in podunk so I got online to check the weather but made the mistake of log'n on to CC.com first, so my early start got off to a much later start, I know not to let weather this time of year stop me, I have climbed trough the rain to sunny summits many times, the best is when the summits are sticking out above a white puffy cloud layer. Heavy road construction on the way set me back even further , I drove through the clouds at longmire to sunny skies, when I reached the trail head the parking lot was full and I just wasn't into crowds. So I drove outside the park to the Glacer View parking lot, you no longer have to have a forest pass to park there thumbs_up.gif If you like trail ridge running it is a good 4 mile RT burn unless you miss the side trail to the parking lot on the way back and add another mile to your burn like I did rolleyes.gif most of the trail is tree lined and the view of Rainer is thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif.

The trail was clear of all humans except for me , the peacefull burn put me back in a good mood

I usually don't do TR because I don't like crowds at my favorite spots but I thought the CC.comers would like to know how nice it is at higher elevations but beware there is a lot of road construction on the way up to the big hill.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic