Three Sisters - Obsidian area bugs?

Eugenian

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not specific to Obsidian, but I remember a thread back where Iain mentioned that the mosquitos in that general area were "weapons grade" and you'll need some powerful armour to deal with them. hellno3d.gif I'm heading down to the area in two weeks. I'm not looking forward to it. Good luck. bigdrink.gif

Yeah they're pretty much permanent residents until it starts frosting at night. If I remember right they really start to kick in after White Branch, but it has been awhile since I was in the area. A head net is a nice option. I think they just sit on the trees and wait for you. There, now you won't have any bugs because I predicted you will.

My fiancé and I were in the Three Sisters Wilderness via the Scott Pass Trail last weekend and the daytime bugs were no biggie. Dawn and dusk saw a lot of bugs on lake water though we only suffered several skeeter bites each and I'm a serious magnet for bloodsuckers. Dragonflies were everywhere! Hanging near Sisters lakes in June and July is not my first choice for summer activities.

I was fortunate to catch a wild Rainbow for dinner Saturday night:

32786388_b6bf39ca01.jpg

32789052_899c4f9dc1.jpg

Thank you fish!