Kennedy Hotsprings info...Sloan Peak/ Glacier Peak

Kraken

My buddy and I are heading out to the Sloan/Glacier peak area. We are doing one or the other, but are unsure of certain trail conditions and road closures.

We would prefer to do the Sitkum glacier route on Glacier peak, but understand there are some serious mudflow impediments that have covered the kennedy hot springs and made the white chuck river trailhead inaccessible to cars. This seems to preclude the use of Trail 643 which begins at the White Chuck Trailhead. We were thinking of just going up Trail 646 but are unsure of distances and trail condition.

Because this is the case we are at a loss figuring out which way to approach glacier peak. Information from anyone who has done or attempted the climb since the road closures would be very helpful. Thanks and Good Climbing.

We are going up tuesday so the sooner the information is availible the better.

-brian

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost Creek Ridge would make for a long approach. 13 miles to the site of Kennedy Hot Springs, then I'd guess at least another 4-5 up to Boulder Basin.

Did the climb two weeks ago via Glacier Gap by NF Sauk trail. That's probably a more direct approach.

Frostbite might be feasible if you can ford the Suiattle river and go via Suiattle River TH.