dosewallips to hoh in 4 days

wind_river51

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going from dosewallips to hoh trailhead in four days via hayden pass lake mills, high divide- should be about 20 miles a day... anything cool to see along the route? never been there before
If I remember correctly (and the permanent tissue damage on the sides of my feet serve as a constant reminder smile.gif the knee bang down from Hayden pass to the Elwha trail is about 8 miles o' fun. Last summer some of this section was washed out and/or lost in a bog or two. Not to say you can't make it though. Sounds like a great time to me. I went from Dose over Hayden, up over low divide and out Quinault in 3 1/2 days and saw a total of 4 people from Dose to Low Divide and never camped near anyone. This was in August. You should have a true lonely time in October.

To answer your question (and WITHOUT being a smart ass as above) there is a lot to see. Take the side trip to thousand acre meadow from just before Hayden (see the Wood guide). Scramble a couple peaks in the area. Of course...if you really want to see stuff, you might want to try to add a couple days to your itinerary.

Report back!

tell ya what... going 20 miles per day you won't have very much time to see much, except for the trail flying by beneath your feet. rolleyes.gif ...... jeezis Christ, mate... take your time and enjoy it!!! then again, depending on weather, you may HAVE to go 20 miles a day just to stay warm. cantfocus.gif

that sounds like a killer hike though.. Have fun!!