• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
thelawgoddess

[TR] Mount Rainier- Disappointment Cleaver 7/30/2005

Super awesome job! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the great pictures too. In fact I'm there in the madding crowd (in the Camp Muir photo). Unfortunately, my friend got badly sick due to altitude (I think she got a minor case of HAPE - at least the symptoms indicated that). We probably took one of the longest times out in the upper mountain, but she managed to get down in one piece. Apart from that, I had a great climb on a near perfect night/day.

glad you were successful, Pup! Hopefully next season we'll be able to match schedules and climb together.

Soloing Rainier is pretty gutsy.

Sure looks a lot drier up there since Sept of '82...

Sad, really...

Soloing Rainier is pretty gutsy.

Sure looks a lot drier up there since Sept of '82...

Sad, really...

:tdown:

Was it raining then?

Ref was receding glaciers actually.

Looking at the traverse below the "icefall" has changed a lot.

Sept of '82 when my brother and I climbed it, seemed like much more snow/ice was there...

xxx looks to be a man of few words lol.