Too much gear!

mattyg

Are you calling him fat!?

Absolutely not. wave.gif But I have climbed with people that are SO concerned about weight, yet I look down and see an extra 30 lbs. of shit hanging over their belt. WTF? wazzup.gif

I'm sure our friend here isn't in that kind of shape, but I was just pointing out that if you are really concerned about what you are hauling up the mountain, don't forget to think about yourself.

That is an excellent point. While I am not cultivating an enormous panis (that is the word, right?) I am slightly overweight. I have the treetrunk legs/linebacker frame - not exactly built for climbing really. But I enjoy it a lot and I've managed to bring the weight down by about 35# in the past several years. Still have about 10 more to go. hellno3d.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quick tip.

Get a 3000-4000 cu pack. If you buy a big pack you will want to stuff it becuase you have the space. If you purchase and use a small pack you will notice that your natural response will be to eliminate what you can live without becuase not all your stuff can fit in the smaller packs.