• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mattyg

Too much gear!

Are you calling him fat!?

Absolutely not. wave.gif But I have climbed with people that are SO concerned about weight, yet I look down and see an extra 30 lbs. of shit hanging over their belt. WTF? wazzup.gif

I'm sure our friend here isn't in that kind of shape, but I was just pointing out that if you are really concerned about what you are hauling up the mountain, don't forget to think about yourself.

That is an excellent point. While I am not cultivating an enormous panis (that is the word, right?) I am slightly overweight. I have the treetrunk legs/linebacker frame - not exactly built for climbing really. But I enjoy it a lot and I've managed to bring the weight down by about 35# in the past several years. Still have about 10 more to go. hellno3d.gif

Here is a quick tip.

Get a 3000-4000 cu pack. If you buy a big pack you will want to stuff it becuase you have the space. If you purchase and use a small pack you will notice that your natural response will be to eliminate what you can live without becuase not all your stuff can fit in the smaller packs.