F@#$ trail around Colchuck!!!!!

Bug

At about 1:15 AM Saturday morning, my girlfriend and I were awaken by violent cursing and stomping about. We were camped on the point by the pond on Colchuck lake. This person had lost the trail and had come out the point to try to find it where we were graced by his tantrum.

We ran into another party Sat that had heard him further down the lake still cursing like a 2 year old sailor.

WHO WAS THIS JERK? Hasn't he heard of prozack? There was a full moon and he had a headlamp on and still lost the trail?!!! RETARD! Here is the prescription; stop stomping and cursing and flailing about randomly. Take a deep breath. Think about where you last saw the trail. Go back to that point and find where it really goes. Hike out, drive home, and call your doctor and tell him you have a SEVERE anger management problem you need a pill for.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know who it was...they told me the story...but, it was only 1130pm not 115am...as the loudmouth jerk you speak of was far from colchuck by 2am.

besides the trail around colchuck is a maze in places... thanks to the combo of shitter trails, camp trails, deer trails, new trails around fallin trees, trails to illegal bivies, the main trail and the worst fisherperson trails...

bug, did you think that perhaps you were camped on the trail and this confused said "jerk"???

also, perhaps said person was delerious from a neardeath experience and he was hallucinating thinking you were evil and the turrets exposed itself without the person even knowing what was going on.....

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, on the other hand, I apologize for my friend's disfunction, he is working on it. I assume the rest of the night was peaceful....such a great place to camp, especially with a lady.....

MY QUESTION IS:

WHY doesn't the Forest Circus provide easy to follow MAIN trail markings like colored dots...I hear it works nice in canada and I remember Fountainbleau had this system for the boulder circuits. Perhaps they are tooo busy wasting our trailfee money on keeping the mainroad washboard free or paving bridges....or upgrading their computer systems. The real problem is the shitty management of our land.

I think if they painted or posted colored dots close enough so that your delerious toilet mouthed buddy could follow them in the dark, lots of people would be railing about how that *&$#!!! DeForestCircus wastes money putting THIS UGLY SHITE in our pristine wilderness but we aren't allowed to hike up there without a permit 'cause it would ruin somebody else's wilderness experience .... and I bet you'd be one of them.

you want to talk ugly mr perkins..

what about the dumb ass trail signs or toilet signs or camp signs? do you really think that a small (perhaps one inch dot) would be complained about in a mazey place like around the forested lakes....?

I guess you have never been lost in a well-traveled area... worshippy.gif

Furthermore, look how much time they waste piling rocks up to like a tower of babel on the asgard trail... I think they have time to paint a orange or green or turquois circle.

Lots of options exist, each one highly offensive to the "other party". I have lost myself stupid in some pretty basic places, just a matter of timing and weather conditions. I think this boils down to one person being in such a position, but unfortunately that person was out of order in being loud/rude and over reactionary.

Tough nuggets for him but I am glad he found his way out.

Take some time, get your bearings and get over it.

boxing_smiley.gifwave.giffruit.gif

get your bearings!!! get over it! take some time!

what advice! perhaps the people who my buddy so rudely (and he admits he was wrong) encountered should have answered his bellowing about I can't find the fuking trail...with: I will show you or it is that way and take a right... NOT with: it is not this way.

DOH!

and perhaps, people should camp in designated campgrounds around the lake, not in bivies very near the trail on the point of the lake. ALSO, why do people put clotheslines up very near the trail...kinda hard to see when looking for the trail too. fortunately, for those peeps sake, we all saw the line before it was too late.

get your bearings!!! get over it! take some time!

what advice! perhaps the people who my buddy so rudely (and he admits he was wrong) encountered should have answered his bellowing about I can't find the fuking trail...with: I will show you or it is that way and take a right... NOT with: it is not this way.

DOH!

and perhaps, people should camp in designated campgrounds around the lake, not in bivies very near the trail on the point of the lake. ALSO, why do people put clotheslines up very near the trail...kinda hard to see when looking for the trail too. fortunately, for those peeps sake, we all saw the line before it was too late.

It was YOU, wasn't it!

Gimme a break, Syj, Ranger Friendly could help an old lady across the Mountaineer Creek Parking lot and you'd be accusing him of rape. Then you'd go on some rant about why did the FS cut down so many trees to build the parking lot in the first place -- was it just so the damn city folk could ruin the pristine Enchantments?

Telepherique to the top of Squamish Chief?

Close the Middle Fork Snoq road? (done deal, I believe)

Don't repair the Dosewallips road?

NW Forest Pass?

Bolt wars?

Ski Area on the northside of Adams, including summit chair?

Expand the Cooper Spur ski area?

Private subcontractors running public campgrounds?

Snowmobiles to the summit of St. Helens?

Little colored polkadots might be silly but they're hardly the most horrifying, inconvenient, or damaging. Ages ago, when I did Constance in the Olympics, someone had marked part of the trail (then heavily damaged by blow-down) and a lot of the ROUTE (!!) with circles of white spray paint. Any recent ascents notice this, for instance up around the top of the N. Chute?

Of course, maybe you mean "endorsed" on this site

There were color coded dots on the Index wall trails once. They all 'vanished'. I'm not the one who vanished them but I supported the act; they were butt ugly and offensive. I would predict a similar fate for colored dots at Colchuck.

I hate to seem like a grim smartass but if circumnavigating Colchuck Lake in the dark without 'issues' is too difficult, waiting for the sun to come up is always an option.

If the cairns bother you, just give them the boot.

I really am not proposing a connect-four trail of colored dots, only brainstorming a better way to help get a blind mouse thru a maze to the cheese....for christ's fuking sake you people blow me away all the time.

PERKINS, you don't have a clue what your talking about, do you? I would only accuse the FS person of rape if it was you. I have nothing against using the forest/enchantments for enjoyment by cityfolk, locals or even the US ARMY. I just think people make bad choices and this website is a place to voice it in the climbing realm. Like BUG did about my buddy being a loud mouth. (AND thats right it was my choice to fess up about my friend.) Like I did about the dumbfuking dolt who decided in the middle of the fukin summer to "tidy up some routes" at one of the most popular crags for Seattle folks...(Don't see anyone claiming that mistake yet). YOU mr P are never welocome in my house, as long as I live where I do or anywhere else for that matter. why don't you just fukin ban me you piss-ant. I am sure you want to and probably will propose it in the supersecret moderator forum!

OFF, I am sorry my friend blew up, the tequila did not slow us down, we enjoyed a route got down to the lake before 11pm via headlamps and then got separated. When we started and how my gut felt had nothing to do with my friend being loud. My buddy does not hold back his feelings so he voiced it. Obviously, anyone telling someone unhelpful advice should rethink the stupid advice...

Yeah good idea, tell a pissed off person unhelpful advice.

MT M, Next time I will cut the dumb fuking clothesline down and set it next to your tent.... IT is the wilderness, not a laundry mat.

Mr Mo, I Kick cairns down all the time...especially on obvious trails, not like the crosscountry trail on asgard. there are no cairns on the colchuck lake cattle trails. only pretty little signs that you need a roadmap to find sometimes. I am not suggesting flashing lights, neon signs or such. What I am saying is the trail around Colchuck is obviously not the easiest to follow, especially when tired late in the evening and it needs to be improved.

Sitting down and waiting for daylight... we did at one point, discuss...

but, why shiver in the woods when you can stumble around yelling obscenities to scare the bejeezus out of people who bitch about every god damn thing known to man. AND yes I bitch too, because like all you wankers I believe this is still a somewhat free country.

And at that I bid all you people a farewell. This site is so unbelievably riteous I can not seriously offer any more beta. I am sure many of you will give a shout of joy... one less ranting asshole with an overopionated arrogant attitude, now we call can sing and be peaceful little cascadeclimbers. Have fun, back questionable pro/raps up, watch out for falling rocks and NO MORE BOLTS NEXT TO CRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdrink.gif

Heh, I figured it was either you, or one of the other two in your party. With an earlier start you'd have been past the lake before dark. The problem isn't land management, it's more likely tequila management. yellaf.gif

I climbed Backbone ridge in a day with a friend last year. We started early and made it back to the car at twilight. Of course things take longer when you're a party of 3 and you and your pal Ray are being guided. wink.gif

"OFF, I am sorry my friend blew up, the tequila did not slow us down, we enjoyed a route got down to the lake before 11pm via headlamps and then got separated. When we started and how my gut felt had nothing to do with my friend being loud. My buddy does not hold back his feelings so he voiced it. Obviously, anyone telling someone unhelpful advice should rethink the stupid advice...

Yeah good idea, tell a pissed off person unhelpful advice."

After he cursed a few times, I asked him POLITELY if he was looking for a place to camp. He replied that he was looking for the F... trail in a very angry voice. I told him he was out on a point. That seemed like useful information but hey I was just awaken out of a deep sleep by a very angry man. I am the kind of person who would have gotten out of bed and walked him to the trail but I DID NOT WANT TO GET PUNCHED.

Glad you all had "fun".