Death on Little Annapurna.

Bug

Saturday afternoon a rescue helicopter went into the Enchantments. I heard from a guy at the boulder camp on Colchuck lake that a 23yr old was climbing by himself and fell. His father reported him missing and went up there to help look. The father found him. This is all second hand info. I have reported it as I heard it and do not know anymore.

My condolences to the family and friends.

frown.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I am not so sure about this. Saturday afternoon my partner and I were descending Assguard Pass when we came across a young man (solo) about my age desceding. We talked to him for several minutes, then passsed him and carried on. I didn't think anything of it. Coming down the trail below Colchuck Lake an older man came walking up the trail (solo) and asked if we had seen a "tall skinney man" by himself. The older man was almost in tears. I immedtialy said "No, we haven't" and just about started to keep on walking. Then my partner said yeah we had. It all the sudden clicked in my mind to. So, I told him the details about how we passed a man coming down Assguard,etc and he got all excited and told us how he was a day over due. We told him that his sone was on the way down and if he kept walking up the trail he would evenutally run into him, this was several hours later. The man who got all excited told asked us if we could tell his mother, who was down waiting in the car. We said yes, and I did this, and she was also almost in tears when I told her we thought we saw her son. Almost made me want to cry. I told her that they should be down in about 3 hours or so because we had saw them way up high. That was it, we pulled out of the parking lot and left. That would be very sad if this was the same thing.