Buck Mountain Beta

MountainMan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the Beckey book and I require more info than is offered in the book. If you look at the route description for the Southeast approach in the old Beckey book and the one in the new Beckey book you too will realize that they are different. The route description in the new Beckey book calls for 100 ft. of class 4 .. the old one does not. I am bringing a novice climber up to Buck Mountain with me who is not experienced at climbing class 4 and 5. I also do not want to carry rope all the way up there if I don't need it. You seem to believe that only information on class 5 routes is worthy of being in this forum. If that's the case, you need to go re-read the forum heading. So does anyone else besides "captain dickhead" have any pertinent information on the Southeast route up Buck Mountain? Thanks in advance for any serious help.

[This message has been edited by MountainMan (edited 09-12-2001).]

If you are only bringing the rope for the novice try taking 100 feet of 6mm cord instead.

GOD FORBID that a guidebook not tell you everything about a climb including which hand to use for which hold and what brand of GoreTex to wear. Wonder how people ever manage to do First Ascents lacking this valuable knowledge.

You mean Dickhead?

I wonder if "MountainMan" is the same one that used to own the fish and chip stand in Brittania Beach but sold out to Mountain Woman? she was to ocheap to get a new sign so she just pasted a tiny little "wo" in so it says MOUNTAIN woMAN Fish & Chips now smile.gif