3. Portland, Ore.

4. Chicago

5. San Jose, Calif.

6. Bergen-Passaic, N.J.

7. San Francisco

8. Middlesex, N.J.

9. Denver

10. Los Angeles

No wonder I'm so poor. Oh wait, that's because I spend my money on climbing gear.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/forbes/P123785.asp?GT1=6706

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's it! i'm sick and tired of this city being so expensive to live in. the price-gouging has got to stop! i can't take it anymore madgo_ron.gif i'm moving to some place where income/cost to live ratio is more reasonable. i'm packing my bags and heading for dubuque, iowa!

The definition of "overpriced" is the relationship of living costs relative to income. There is a reason why Seattle is overpriced.

Yes. The PNW economy and job market sucks. Among the highest unemployment rates in the nation - WooHoo! Low income, high costs = overpriced.

that's it! i'm sick and tired of this city being so expensive to live in. the price-gouging has got to stop! i can't take it anymore madgo_ron.gif i'm moving to some place where income/cost to live ratio is more reasonable. i'm packing my bags and heading for dubuque, iowa!

I hear the Enumclaw is a reasonable place to live. Ask Maria... rolleyes.gif

Must be that $40billion monorail.

One of the few things we probably agree on.

Yes, our public transportation sucks ass. Yes, building more freeways is a retarted "solution." Yes, we should do more to keep single drivers out of their SUVs.

Unfortunately the monorail is a stupid solution to a real problem. People wanted to vote "yes" on public transportation as a whole (which NEEDS to be funded) and instead voted "yes" for an idiotic project. Public transportation needs to be addressed regionally not through a small part of one city. I wonder how many people sit their idle going back and forth between west seattle and ballard (very little, I am sure) as compared to sit there in traffic going N/S on the I5 cooridor or E/W on the bridge cooridors. I would imagine the number is exponentially higher.